Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Re: poker cheating

[ QUOTE ]
...If your opponent has more information than you do (i.e., knows others hold cards), it is more difficult for your moves to induce bluffs or folds and checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make an excellent point here.

The "peeker" software is probably bogus, i.e. it probably just works by secretly sharing hole card information amongst "peeker" users, but that still means that players without "peeker" are at a disadvantage, precisely because they have less information than "peeker" users. So, although "peeker" may be bogus "peeker" users may still benefit from its usage as long as they don't get hit by the software developers who (I believe) are just setting up their customers for a hit. In any case, it matters very little to the square player if "peeker" users eventually realize they got duped, because by then the non-users would have lost substantial money.

Thank you for bringing-up this point. The only valid conclusion is that although "peeker" is most likely just a scam targeting its users, it is still a threat to all the square players.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The "peeker" software is probably bogus, i.e. it probably just works by secretly sharing hole card information amongst "peeker" users, but that still means that players without "peeker" are at a disadvantage, precisely because they have less information than "peeker" users.

[/ QUOTE ]

not really, because the trojan users don't realize that their cards are also open to all the other trojaneers. in the unlikely event that 5 infected idiots were to sit at a 6 max table, the results would be pretty hilarious, but probably not affect the sixth guy much.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:00 PM

how do the trojan "retailer" explain to their customers why only some hole cards would be visible?

i can't imagine there would be enough people using it for even the feigned pretense of cards actually being visible.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how do the trojan "retailer" explain to their customers why only some hole cards would be visible?

i can't imagine there would be enough people using it for even the feigned pretense of cards actually being visible.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL. I imagine a conversation along these lines:

----------

Customer: I can't see anyone's hole cards, your software doesn't work.

Support: It works fine, it only shows the hole cards of other users of our software.

Customer: Ahhh, I see. Hey, wait a minute...does that mean they can see my hole cards too?

Support: *Click*

Customer: Hello? Hello???
Old 07-26-2007, 03:12 AM

Lol great post... I needed that thanks to FT [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, the software developers advertise the system, to begin with, as follows. They say that you have to play with the software for a while, to allow the software to gradually crack the RNG. So, before you purchase the software, you are being made aware of the fact that it will first start showing a few hole cards, then gradually start showing more and more, as it is "learning" the algorithm.

Now, here is an edited (shortened) excerpt from my article, entitled Online Gambling (page 6), that should further answer your question. The entire article is quite long, and if you want to read the whole thing in context, feel free to click on the link. Please note that I am just speculation, as we all are.

If I were trying to develop a poker cheating system, here is what I would do...

I would develop a piece of software that would be advertised more or less like the ultimate poker cheating bot... My ad would claim that the RNG simulator needs to "study" and "learn" the algorithm of the RNG simulator from the poker site, and that it would eventually give more and more accurate results. And that is exactly what the software would appear to be doing. ...but in reality my poker bot would be doing something entirely different.

I would hope that the number of people using my system would eventually increase, so that sooner or later there would be more than one person using the same poker bot, or RNG simulator, at the same table, at the same time. Once there are more than one player using my software, both of my bots would just simply communicate with each other and send out hole card information to each other. To each one of the players it would appear as if his bot (my bot) managed to "predict" one of the other player's hole cards. If three bots were in use, three individual players would be under the impression that their bots successfully predicted the hole cards of two other players. Word would eventually get out that this thing really works, and more people would buy it. As soon as more bot users hit the same poker sites, there would be increasingly more and more bots communicating with each other, at the same tables, at the same time. The increasing number of players would be more and more convinced that the little poker devil is finally "learning" the algorithm of the site, because it is showing more hole card information. In a sense, it is an online poker bot pyramid scheme...

If I were a software developer, I would design another poker bot, let's call it The Master Poker Bot. My Master Poker Bot would have the capability of monitoring the internet 24/7 and receiving information from all my little bots, let's call those Sucker Bots. Whenever a table would be occupied by several of my Sucker Bots, my Master Poker Bot would jump right in and masquerade as a real player... All my little Sucker Bots would be sending their hole card information to my Master Bot... ...it would be able to calculate all the outs and advise me with optimal strategy...
Old 07-26-2007, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... but that still means that players without "peeker" are at a disadvantage, precisely because they have less information than "peeker" users.

[/ QUOTE ]

not really, because the trojan users don't realize that their cards are also open to all the other trojaneers. in the unlikely event that 5 infected idiots were to sit at a 6 max table, the results would be pretty hilarious, but probably not affect the sixth guy much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't disagree, but... In the event that 5 "peeker" users were seated at a 6 max table, the likely scenario would be that the 6th player is the MasterBot (that I mention in my article) that is just programmed to crush the original "peeker" users.

But in the likely event that 50% of the players were using "peeker" and seeing each other's hole cards, I still believe the square players would be at a disadvantage.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Why peeker program claims are nonsense and a con

Please think about how an online poker site works for a given hand.

There is a central game server and there are the individual player laptops/PCs.

The game server sends each player PC information about its own hole cards, the bets and any common cards on the board.

The game server does NOT send the individual player laptops/pcs information about unrevealed hole cards, period ... until the hand is over.

Installing a peeker program on your laptop/pc is useless for reading information about other player's hole cards because your laptop/pc is not given that information to read.

The only way that a "peeker program" can work is if other players in the same game have also installed it .... which, if true negates its advantage against those players and opens all such players up to cheating by the software writer himself.

The easiest person to con is someone with larceny in his heart. Anyone who buys a "peeker program" will deserve whatever he/she gets.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Why peeker program claims are nonsense and a con

[ QUOTE ]
The game server does NOT send the individual player laptops/pcs information about unrevealed hole cards, period ... until the hand is over.

The only way that a "peeker program" can work is if other players in the same game have also installed it ...

[/ QUOTE ]

But that is precisely what I am saying.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:16 PM

One such company that I was curious enough to click thru was [deleted/MH].

I always assumed these "cheat at online poker" ads were scams... when looking at this ad, they seem to at least talk a good game on their website. They claim that their products are sold at reputable retailers like Office Depot and Officemax. They also imply endorsement by the Better Business Bureau & several e-businesses like PC World - plus a 200% money back guarantee if not satisfied.

My question is: Has anyone ever attempted to use this? If so, what happened when you installed it? What was your experience like???

Just curious if besides collusion & bots if this is another thing we need to be worried about when playing online???