Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 10:37 PM

Default Re: Six Handed: Dutch Boyd/Phil Hellmuth: Poker Behavior???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there a single person in American society as self-absorbed as Phil Hellmuth? He puts on an act for TV but underneath all that is a really mean, rude creep.

[/ QUOTE ]

underneath all that he has a big heart and is a family man...he's good for the game

[/ QUOTE ]

can you please cite your source for this?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 06-29-2007, 10:46 PM

About ten years ago I'm head up with Phil in a one table satellite at the Commerce Club.

I have him two to one when I pick up pocket dueces and stack off. He insta-calls and they run out the cards. You didn't have to table your hand like you do nowadays.

When no big cards come, I feel pretty good and flip over my ducks. He shuffles his cards back and forth and says that's good. I was in shock! But wait! You knew there'd be more, right?

As he's shuffling you can just see his pea brain working. He has to say something --and he does.

"He puts all of his f***ing money in with two f***ing deuces. Two f***ing deuces. He then fires his hand face up into the flop. What did he have? Three-deuce off.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About ten years ago I'm head up with Phil in a one table satellite at the Commerce Club.

I have him two to one when I pick up pocket dueces and stack off. He insta-calls and they run out the cards. You didn't have to table your hand like you do nowadays.

When no big cards come, I feel pretty good and flip over my ducks. He shuffles his cards back and forth and says that's good. I was in shock! But wait! You knew there'd be more, right?

As he's shuffling you can just see his pea brain working. He has to say something --and he does.

"He puts all of his f***ing money in with two f***ing deuces. Two f***ing deuces. He then fires his hand face up into the flop. What did he have? Three-deuce off.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is false or there are vital points missing
Old 06-29-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone ever played with PH in England? I am sure he would have to modify his behaviour there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think people would give him so much grief back he'd eventually shut up [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. He's been on British tv a lot lately (Party Poker Premier League and Poker Den) and it's quite funny - he gets cussed at, has the piss taken out of him and just ignored (the worst for the Hellmouth ego) a lot. But then I guess that's not much different to High Stakes or PAD...

There are several episodes with Phil, Tony G and Devilfish at the same table (my head nearly asploded at all the noise)and Devilfish (who also comes across very badly, surprise surprise, swearing at the dealer etc) looks ready to smack Phil several times, but makes do with swearing at him a lot.

W/e,Phil definitely comes off as a moran every time I watch him. Both Him and Mike the Mouth act like they're still in school.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:55 AM

Sat Jun 30 2007 04:43 GMT POKER NEWS. DR. PAULY REPORTS THERE..LIVE
Tony G Doubles Through Dutch Boyd; Vows to Rip His Stack Apart
Tony G doubled up against Dutch Boyd. Tony G's held up against Boyd's . The flop was and Tony G flopped a set. The turn was the and the river was the .

A very excited Tony G jumped up and started trash talking with Dutch Boyd.

"I'm gonna take everything you have," said Tony G. "I'm gonna rip your stack apart! Keep calling and I'll keep taking all your chips."

That pot increased Tony G's stack to almost 400K.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sat Jun 30 2007 04:43 GMT POKER NEWS. DR. PAULY REPORTS THERE..LIVE
Tony G Doubles Through Dutch Boyd; Vows to Rip His Stack Apart
Tony G doubled up against Dutch Boyd. Tony G's held up against Boyd's . The flop was and Tony G flopped a set. The turn was the and the river was the .

A very excited Tony G jumped up and started trash talking with Dutch Boyd.

"I'm gonna take everything you have," said Tony G. "I'm gonna rip your stack apart! Keep calling and I'll keep taking all your chips."

That pot increased Tony G's stack to almost 400K.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is your point fish.. certainly you wouldn't post this if it was the other way around.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there a single person in American society as self-absorbed as Phil Hellmuth?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd start with people self-absorbed enough to think that NVG is their own blog.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't buy into much of Johnny's nostalgic glossing over of some of the people in poker's past but he is right on target with his rant on Hellmuth and most of you clowns who can muster up little more than one-liner digs at everyone who posts in NVG need to get a clue. This is NVG and that is exactly what he posted. I like it, agree with it, and for once, would like to see some sort of reasoned debate instead of these sophomoric comments.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

W/e,Phil definitely comes off as a moran every time I watch him. Both Him and Mike the Mouth act like they're still in school.

[/ QUOTE ]

He needs the Dog Whisperer to straighten him out. It's the whole alpha male thing and Phil is the pack leader (because so many people let him be).

I've seen his act live and on TV and it amazes me how so many people shrink when he starts his rants. Someone needs to stand-up (literally) and walk over to him when he starts his rant and get in his face. Not with the intent to come to blows but to let him know that his stage for venting got a bit more crowded. He will back down so quickly if challenged. Again, not physically, but verbally and in close-quarters. Same with Tony G or any other loud-mouth. The more people just sit there and take it the more these clowns feel they have license to abuse.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone ever played with PH in England? I am sure he would have to modify his behaviour there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think people would give him so much grief back he'd eventually shut up [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. He's been on British tv a lot lately (Party Poker Premier League and Poker Den) and it's quite funny - he gets cussed at, has the piss taken out of him and just ignored (the worst for the Hellmouth ego) a lot. But then I guess that's not much different to High Stakes or PAD...

There are several episodes with Phil, Tony G and Devilfish at the same table (my head nearly asploded at all the noise)and Devilfish (who also comes across very badly, surprise surprise, swearing at the dealer etc) looks ready to smack Phil several times, but makes do with swearing at him a lot.

[/ QUOTE ] moran Oh the irony.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vid links???