Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-21-2007, 01:44 PM

Default Hitman Movie

(click for full size)

I was walking down the street and saw this poster and did a double take. First I couldn't figure out what exactly was going on in her crotch area, and then when I did I was amazed they printed a poster like this. The image can't really capture the effect that it has when it's blown up to 20 feet tall and your head is right around crotch level.

Then I started thinking what a horrible license for a movie this is. It's a pretty decent game but the character is so boring, how is hollywood deciding that this is a good movie to make?

Has there ever been a good video game based movie, like ever?
Old 11-21-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Hitman Movie

I really like Timothy Olyphant I but have zero desire to see this movie. It would take some killer reviews arouse my interest.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With the number that have been released I figure there was one or two good ones that I'd forgot about. I took a look at the list of video game movies on wiki and there wasn't a single good one on the list.

I wonder why that is? I guess the built in audience is there and they don't want to stray too far from the game's mythology for fear of losing this base. You would think that someone would be able to produce something pretty cool if given the autonomy to just go for it.

Edit: Reviewing the list I would think there is no chance for a video game movie to succeed when Uwe Boll and Paul W. Anderson are permitted to direct or produce such a large percentage of them.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:51 PM

Am I missing what is "going on in her crotch area" other than it's a see-through dress? Pretty hot IMO.

Yeah, the character in the game never even spoke, so while they are given a blank slate to work with it's not like he was the most likable character in video game history. He just walked around in a wooden fashion popping a cap in bad guys' asses.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really like Timothy Olyphant I but have zero desire to see this movie. It would take some killer reviews arouse my interest.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With the number that have been released I figure there was one or two good ones that I'd forgot about. I took a look at the list of video game movies on wiki and there wasn't a single good one on the list.

I wonder why that is? I guess the built in audience is there and they don't want to stray too far from the game's mythology for fear of losing this base. You would think that someone would be able to produce something pretty cool if given the autonomy to just go for it.

Edit: Reviewing the list I would think there is no chance for a video game movie to succeed when Uwe Boll and Paul W. Anderson are permitted to direct or produce such a large percentage of them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Supposedly there was going to be a "Halo" video game with Peter Jackson directing. For some reason it fell through.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:19 PM

Old 11-21-2007, 02:22 PM

Exec. Produced by Peter Jackson. It's still in works, though the original deal fell through as Microsoft wanted too much money/control.

There is video of some live-action footage, hinting at what the movie may look like. Here is one of them.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Supposedly there was going to be a "Halo" video game with Peter Jackson directing. For some reason it fell through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Control, money.

FWIW the hitman trailers looked pretty sweet and i'm definitely seeing it this weekend. And yah Uwe bol does suck.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only decent one I can think of was that Final Fantasy movie from a couple of years back that was completely computer animated. IIRC, it cost a shiton to make, and lost a lot of money.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:24 PM

Mortal Kombat wasn't terrible. I also liked Resident Evil.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I missing what is "going on in her crotch area" other than it's a see-through dress? Pretty hot IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's noted Hollywood starlet Camille Towe.