Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: AQ in Re-raised pot

so we turn our hand into a bluff then? Cuz I doubt he's ever calling a turn raise with a worse hand.

You gotta realize that making the hand easier to play is not the most +EV line here.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:15 PM

raising for information here is stupid and expensive. like everyone has said, no worse hands will call. i like shpankos line, c/c turn, and c/c a reasonable river bet. someone once mentioned AQ is just a trumped up AJ after all, right?
Old 11-16-2007, 06:19 PM

im not raising for purely information, our hand is best here ALOT
Old 11-16-2007, 06:20 PM

ok if you raise turn then you obviously can't fold to a shove. And tbh I think that's spew without any reads, but whatever.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:22 PM

I can't say I see the pros of a trn raise come anywhere close to the cons for reasons stated above.

Easy flop check. Fold as played.

fine, touche
Old 11-16-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy flop check. Fold as played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure I agree with this really. Checking is fine sometimes, but it's not the only viable line, and not the one I'd resort to most of the time. Mostly because I'm betting here without an ace so much, I need to balance this by having an ace a lot on these boards.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:57 PM

I don't like the check behind like most posters seem to advocate, because to most thinking players it will look like you have something like you have.

If you bet this flop like you did, on such a cut and dry board I think many aggressive players would be tempted to take it away or test you. I think you can call this raise and proceed with caution, I think re-raising would be a mistake as most probably the only hand calling is one thats ahead, maybe the occasional crying call from a weaker ace.

Like someone else said you'll if you're betting this flop when you miss and checking when you hit, this will become pretty predictable. Also, a read would be very helpful here obviously.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the check behind like most posters seem to advocate, because to most thinking players it will look like you have something like you have.

If you bet this flop like you did, on such a cut and dry board I think many aggressive players would be tempted to take it away or test you. I think you can call this raise and proceed with caution, I think re-raising would be a mistake as most probably the only hand calling is one thats ahead, maybe the occasional crying call from a weaker ace.

Like someone else said you'll if you're betting this flop when you miss and checking when you hit, this will become pretty predictable. Also, a read would be very helpful here obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

What weaker aces can he legitimately have here?

I check this flop behind with like 90% of my range. I do it because I can still get value with KK-TT on the turn and river. I also can do this with my aces here, and my bluffs.

I don't see what betting accomplishes, it makes our decision tough on the flop because we're gonna take it down most times, but when he calls, we're gonna be blind on the turn. He's gonna fold to another barrel with his air/underpairs, we don't know what he has, and we're probably gonna check to him and be lost if he bets.

But, we can check (with intention to c/r) on the flop and bet the turn, and either c/c river, or bet the river. It somewhat makes our decision easier, but it also makes his decision a bit tougher when he holds JJ-KK and we bet the turn.