Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Sleep Paralysis, Lucid Dreaming & Hallucinations.

I've had several hallucinations in the first seconds of waking up from sleeping, they are often things that freak me out extremely much like a huge black spider on my sheet or on the wall next to me. I had one just 2 days ago and I jumped up in terror and ran out into the hall like some asshat and it took me like 1 minute to realize it was just a hallucination.

Im VERY happy I haven't fell victim to sleep paralysis yet though.

I don't know if this is a common thing but like once a month or something when I go to sleep I will get the feeling like im falling or dying or whatever and wake up with a huge spasm in my whole body and my heart rate all over the place. My friend said he'd never heard of this but I've read about it and someone wrote that its when your body fall asleep to fast and it hits the emergency-button to put you on full alert or something to that effect.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:04 AM

I have had all three, the paralysis and hallucinations scares me a lot, and since it started happening, I never go to sleep when I'm alone at night anymore. I live with my bf so it's not a big problem. I have since then worked out a "solution" for them: whenever I experience these things, I noticed I can always control my breathing. So the first thing I try is to hold my breath, this usually works because my body has to react to the lack of oxygen; then if that doesn't work, I breathe very very hard breaths to try to wake my bf up so he can shake me and wake me up. This system has helped me a lot because since I have kind of a solution, I don't feel as afraid and I think they happened less often now because of it. when I have hallucinations, they are not only images, but they also talk, usually not very sensible, just random scary phrases. I have hallucinated the grim reaper, ghosts and such, each time they are either trying to harm me in some way.
They usually happen in the middle of the night and never right when I fall asleep.
Lucid dreaming is very fun and I totally don't mind it.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:40 PM

I just had a very long episode of sleep paralysis. I was incredibly tired and weak after 3 straight days of pretty hard partying and very little sleep in between. Once I was experiencing the paralysis, I was calm and trying to go back to sleep, but I couldn't. Every time I would awake from the paralysis, I would try and get up and switch positions (someone mentioned that I'm more susceptible to SP if I'm on my back) but I'd immediately fall right back asleep. I imagine this went on at least 5-6 times in a row, which was incredibly annoying and scary.

I finally rolled over on my side, despite being uncomfortable, and fell back asleep. I didn't have sleep paralysis again that night.

I am curious if any of my susceptibility is ever in my mind. I remembered this thread the time before last and tried telling myself to escape my body and experience the out of body experience. I remember immediately feeling different, in a scary way, and immediately pulled out of it and got up.

I am going to try this again. Sorry for the non-amazing update, but the concept of controlling all of this in my mind is pretty cool/new to me. I'll try and make my next update cool.

Also, I am now almost 100% sure that I can indeed wiggle my toes, move my fingers, and move my body very slightly when trying to wake up.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if this is a common thing but like once a month or something when I go to sleep I will get the feeling like im falling or dying or whatever and wake up with a huge spasm in my whole body and my heart rate all over the place. My friend said he'd never heard of this but I've read about it and someone wrote that its when your body fall asleep to fast and it hits the emergency-button to put you on full alert or something to that effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I've never had this happen with any frequency, but I've dreamed I was falling down and when I "hit" the ground, my body would jerk hard enough to wake me. That's about it.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:54 PM

I have had strange episodes like the ones described earlier in this thread when i feel like i am getting small or everything else is getting very big. I also sometimes feel the opposite, like i am a giant and i barely fit in my room.
I've had many strange episodes when i wake up hysterically screaming, as with night terrors, however i remember everything about it usually except for what in particular was making me so scared. Whoever comes to console me will tell me later that i was yelling about something death related.

I remember one instance probably 5-6 years ago when i fell asleep, walked downstairs and started yelling at my dad who was watching TV. I told him he needed to move or he would never be able to and would turn to stone.

Sometimes, before i fall asleep, i get feelings that remind me of how nervous and scared i feel when i wakeup from one of these episodes. When i feel this way i start to think about the notion of infinity, particularly about the relation between time i spend alive and time i spend dead.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:08 AM

last night I had probably the most wicked dream of my life in a bad way...hard to describe but basically I fell asleep reading a book called License to Kill which is about blackwater and private security firms in Iraq and stuff. So I'm deep into the book and fall asleep, I dream something along the lines of I'm a private security person protecting a state dept official and pretty much almost die about 5 times in the span of 1 hour fighting off Iraqis. It was so [censored] real I can't even explain. I woke up around 2:30am and couldn't move for a good 15 minutes I was so freaked out. Like I said, I can't explain how real it felt but it was really fuct up. In the end of the dream the person we were protecting was killed by a midget (no joke) and everyone wound up getting killed except for me in the end.

yes I'm crazy I guess
Old 11-27-2007, 02:23 PM

back when i was meditating i could very, very vividly lucid dream. My personal favorite was when i was playing that scary as [censored] computer game F.E.A.R (first encounter assult recon) it's a freaky game, highly recommended with headphones. Onto the dream. (condensed version)

I was going through a level on fear, differant than any other level in the game, and i was [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]completely suited up with weapontry, armor, and ammo. I got to this one freaky part of the game where i was overlooking a basement. There were rafters branching across the basement, and 2 stairways. I remember being so frightened to go down these stairs that i woke up 2-3 times. Finally i chose to go down there and 'finish the level.' so that i could go on with sleeping.

So i went back to sleep, and i opened my eyes as though i were loaded into the matrix. I looked around, and went down the stairs. Alot of freaky [censored] happened, i killed all the bad guys, finished the level. I then saved and woke up. I got a quick drink of water, as i was dehydrated from my rampage, then i went back to sleep.