Yes 7 16.28%
No 14 32.56%
No, but my significant other does 0 0%
No, but I'd consider it 4 9.30%
Tanning is gay, dude 18 41.86%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2007, 10:02 PM

Default Re: 1-table S&Gs - your feedback requested

FWIW I love antes, bad players don't take advantage of them, and removing them will cost me plenty of $$$ and probably cause me to jump quite a bit to Full Tilt, where I can get rakeback, and since I'm not supernova on stars, rakeback would yield extra $$$.

And the rake on these things at all but the 16s is retarded. At the very least, bump up the FPPs and stop making your FPP bonuses so weak that it would be more worthwhile to sell FPP items on ebay than to clear a ridiculous bonus that I have to "purchase" and then ensure that I complete with more play or what--I'll be SOL?. Also, make a reasonable level between the 27s and 60s. No one wants to play 30+3. Should be 15+1, 31+2, 48+3... this rake is driving everyone to cash. Reward me for PAYING MORE at your site. The achievable ROIs at the top levels really make me feel like I'll have to switch games at some point, which will cost stars money. The soul crushing variance that comes with a 2-3% roi at the top levels is tough to stand.

So keep antes, make STTs not suck, and if you do feel a need to change the turbo structure at all--what Gramps said, as he's played probably more than most anybody.

While we're at it, please make 100 mandatory buyin cash tables, please. And for god sakes, add a Turbo and 9max filter to your STTs.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:41 PM

FWIW, I feel the rake is more than fair on all of the lower stakes sit and gos, but on the high ones it's absolutely ludicrous. Anyone with any skill should be able to beat the 27s and even 60s for a real pretty penny, but after that the player pool is good enough that only the very top players are making any money at all, so people leave SNGs, then the games get tougher, then more people leave, rinse, wash, repeat.

Note that the 1050s and 2190s virtually never run anymore and at times I saw 7 2190s running at once before. The 555s are dying out very quickly and usually aren't running, and lately the 335s haven't been running much either.

I did send a very large email to Stars explaining all this and much more and had a response saying that it would be forwarded to whatever department. Nobody got back to me.

Ryan
Old 11-25-2007, 11:43 PM

Oh, Bryan, could you explain what is going on with the 9man and 10man turbos at the 225s lately? Is this just a testing ground? Are you considering this for all levels?

I kind of like the 10 mans myself.

However, if you are going to change this, please do not let more than 1 10-person SNG load at once for each level. It seems whenever the first person signs up for one, a new one pops up to start loading. Some jokers sign up for like 9 different 225s. It clogs the lobby and generally makes things a nuisance.

Ryan
Old 11-26-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everything Gramps said and lower rake.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-26-2007, 12:38 AM

Make them hand-based instead of time-based. Then people won't stall. (e.g. 10 hands per level instead of 10 min. per level)

Also, add CHEAPER SNGs. Like 10-cent and 50-cent ones.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:40 AM

Oh, another thing: Add Beginners Tournaments.

Bodog has great SNGs. Example:

2.20 buyin. 10-seat. Payout = 6-5-4-3-2
Old 11-26-2007, 12:42 AM

Keep antes.

Lower rake.

Attract lots of bad players.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
leave the antes lower the stinkin' rake. we pay more money in 1 sng than a $3000 pot rakes in NL cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont care 1 way or the other a/b the rake but this point is really dumb
Old 11-26-2007, 01:17 AM

Agreed, and can someone give us the equivalent of what 30 mins of cash generates in rake for comparison at a 9 max table, so we can sorta compare apples to ... oranges.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:39 AM

Im pretty happy with the stuctures. Maybe smooth out the 100/200 to 200/400 transition like other people have said. I'm definately not in favour of removing antes.

On the other hand the rakes as you move up in stakes are pretty outrageous. The percentage of buyin goes down till you get to the 16s - so far so good. Then unfathomably it starts going up again, peaking I think at the 60s. Even for higher than this it only goes down slowly to the point where there are only a few high stakes players actually making +roi before fpps.

If you made a fairer structure so that the percentage of buyin went down at each level there would be a lot more winning players at the higher levels and the losing players wouldnt lose as fast. I think this would lead to a pretty significant increase in volumes.