Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: *** Official Stars WCOOP #14 ***

no, for real, i would like the real HH

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars Game #12241269056: Tournament #70000014, $1000+$50 Hold'em No Limit - Level XXXII (100000/200000) - 2007/09/24 - 10:53:34 (ET)
Table '70000014 272' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 2: mig.com (37493452 in chips)
Seat 5: chulwoo (12381548 in chips)
mig.com: posts the ante 20000
chulwoo: posts the ante 20000
mig.com: posts small blind 100000
chulwoo: posts big blind 200000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
mig.com: raises 400000 to 600000
chulwoo: raises 1200000 to 1800000
mig.com: calls 1200000
*** FLOP *** [6c Qh 8c]
chulwoo: checks
mig.com: checks
*** TURN *** [6c Qh 8c] [4s]
chulwoo: checks
mig.com: bets 2000000
chulwoo: raises 8561548 to 10561548 and is all-in
mig.com: calls 8561548
*** RIVER *** [6c Qh 8c 4s] [Jc]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
chulwoo: shows [2d Kh] (high card King)
mig.com: shows [5h 7h] (a straight, Four to Eight)
mig.com collected 24763096 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 24763096 | Rake 0
Board [6c Qh 8c 4s Jc]
Seat 2: mig.com (button) (small blind) showed [5h 7h] and won (24763096) with a straight, Four to Eight
Seat 5: chulwoo (big blind) showed [2d Kh] and lost with high card King

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-24-2007, 11:08 AM

chulwoo played the hu match so bad, i almost cried watching it. As always, it's amazing to see how such a weak player takes 2nd in a huge MTT like this. But congrats to him anyway, and to mig too.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:09 AM

looked like the most anticlimactic HU WCOOOOOOOOOOP ever

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

if that was the only move he made then its bloody bad timing
Old 09-24-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What about this one?
Can you really call with ace high here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the bet and stack sizes again plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would fold in that spot even though pretty much all my stack is in there, I took stab at pot with the 4 mill bet, he shoves for 1.6 mill more. You would have to think there is no way in hell hes bluffing and has a monster hand. 1.6 is still an aight stack, and I would still be in the hunt for the 600k. Tough Spot

[/ QUOTE ]

please tell me you're joking, and by betting 4 mill mig is essentially commiting himself to the hand and is not gonna fold to a shove, if he was planning on folding to a shove he's gonna take a "stab" with far less than a 4 mill bet.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What about this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would fold in that spot even though pretty much all my stack is in there, I took stab at pot with the 4 mill bet, he shoves for 1.6 mill more. You would have to think there is no way in hell hes bluffing and has a monster hand. 1.6 is still an aight stack, and I would still be in the hunt for the 600k. Tough Spot

[/ QUOTE ]

please tell me you're joking, and by betting 4 mill mig is essentially commiting himself to the hand and is not gonna fold to a shove, if he was planning on folding to a shove he's gonna take a "stab" with far less than a 4 mill bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you think someone is gonna shove there and AK be ahead???
Old 09-24-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What about this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No its not, you're not ever taking that line to fold the flop, it'd be pretty ridiculous to reraise pre, bet pot leaving 1/9th pot behind to fold, his flop bet is basically the same as shoving. If you want to see if the call is actually good though he needs about 12% equity, against any pair or better that he could conceivably have(any pocket, any pair top kicker, and 98) he's got 16%, and thats a pretty pessimistic range for that situation.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What about this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesnt even have to be close to ahead to call, in fact I showed above if he's exactly NEVER ahead its a very clear call.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What about this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus that's not the point, point is that obv mig has thought ahead, he made a pot sized bet when could have easily bet like 2-3 million or whatever, by betting 4 million (whether it was right or wrong/good or bad) he's made up his mind that he's going with the hand regardless.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What about this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus that's not the point, point is that obv mig has thought ahead, he made a pot sized bet when could have easily bet like 2-3 million or whatever, by betting 4 million (whether it was right or wrong/good or bad) he's made up his mind that he's going with the hand regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY! Your telling buddy u aint goin anywhere and he shoves, it has to make you think u are way behind. Would you be happy with having 1.6 mill in chips or 0 when the turn and river brick???
Old 09-24-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What about this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY! Your telling buddy u aint goin anywhere and he shoves, it has to make you think u are way behind. Would you be happy with having 1.6 mill in chips or 0 when the turn and river brick???

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats prob one of the reasons mig wins big tourneys and I donīt.
Id chicken out of that pot.
But not after betting 4 million on the flop.