Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Nintendo DS and Wii

I'm thinking about getting a DS, I commute for about 45 min twice a day so I think this makes sense.

Could you guys give me a hand with the following;

1. I have a Wii, do they interact with each other in any way Wi-Fi or w/e??

2. How much play time can you get out of that brain stuff?

3. Has anyone played the new pokemon as I found these were my favourite games back when I had a regular game boy.

4. Mario Kart is it any good. None of my friends have a DS so multi players out I think. Is it worth it if there is no multi player.

5. I know these things have memory cards on them but can they play media? if so what?

6. Considering I have a Wii will the DS kinda have to be better than the PSP? personal opinion on which one is better?

Thanks guys,

I really don't know a lot about these things but my video ipod is pretty scratched up. And i'm looking for something to replace it when I'm commuting.

Thanks again,
Old 10-16-2007, 01:11 AM

Default Re: Nintendo DS and Wii

1. no
2. some people play it every day, justifying it as sudoku-like brain exercise. its worth buying if you're into those kind of things
3. i haven't, but know people who do, and they say it's really good.
4. multi-player is a big part of the game, but it's still tons of fun against computers, because they're fairly difficult
5. yes, read about the "N4DS" or other types. http://www.r4ds.com/r4ds.htm
6. whether the ds or psp is better depends on the type of games you like to play. i prefer the ds
Old 10-16-2007, 02:17 AM

Awesome thanks for the response, I went to that R4DS website but I'm not to sure what that is?

From what I can tell it adds an extra memory and an application that would support a large array of multimedia files.

Does it also allow you to "back-up" games like I think it suggests?

Also what is the "homebrew" games it refers to?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:26 AM

yes, they will interact in some ways

for starters, you will very soon be able to download ds game demos on your wii and transfer them to your ds
Old 10-17-2007, 03:46 AM

also i'm pretty sure pokemon interacts between the wii and ds. like you can transfer pokemon characters between them or something. look into it.

i have both. the reason i have both is because i like nintendo's games much more than other games.

mario kart is awesome. i haven't even played it much multiplayer. beating it all single player is challenging.

i forget your other questions.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Awesome thanks for the response, I went to that R4DS website but I'm not to sure what that is?

From what I can tell it adds an extra memory and an application that would support a large array of multimedia files.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump does anyone know the answer to this?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:51 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure R4DS is the top site for backups and homebrew stuff on the DS. Homebrew is any application or game made by a non-Nintendo licensed party.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump does anyone know the answer to this?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a little chip thingy that takes a micro SD card and fits into the game slot on your DS. It allows you to download roms of most games online and play them on your DS for free (yes this is illegal). It also is one of the only ways you can get your DS to play other media like music and movies. Basically, if you have a DS, you need to get one.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:04 PM

That's Awesome thanks guys
Old 10-17-2007, 11:37 PM

I have an R4 and definitely recommended it, I'm a tightass and $60 is a little too much for those games that I might like but wouldn't play a lot.
New Pokemon I didn't really get into, it's very very repetitive and I guess I've finally gotten sick of it.
Mario Kart is absolutely fantastic, even for single player. You can play multiplayer through wi-fi, and it's pretty easy to set up.

Strongly recommend DS over a PSP, but I'm a nintendo fanboy and just love their games