Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: 500k VPP mark reached

Desdia,

If the 5 best sng players in the world play on stars and all break even, they'd still be the 5 best sng players in the world. It may or may not be the case that at the 1k sngs in a field full of the regulars, the best player at the table would have a long run 1% or 0% roi. This is in part because the 2nd - 9th best guys aren't bad.

As for the rest of your post:

1) i've never given my opinion of what a winning $5nl player is in relation to anything else

2) i'm pretty sure you have compared the two

3) the best players in the world do currently play cash. however you will note that on nbc you can watch ivey and antonius playing a stt. must mean the best players in the world play stts.

4) labeling someone as the best in the world just means they are the best. it has nothing to do with the amount of money they are making. the fact is that if you put a worse player in the same chair and dealt them the same cards, they would do worse. that's a more acceptable definition of "best player," over the long run.

as to your response to someone else,

no, best doesn't mean "great on every site, every format, etc" - as pointed out earlier in this post, it's impossible to mean that. does the best 25/50 nl player necessarilly outright destroy a table full of the 8 next best 25/50 nl players? no. also, saying that a great stt player has to be able to be great at 6man, or hu stts is also stupid. there's plenty of very, very good cash pros who will not play hu matches, that doesn't make them not great players unless you use some arbitrarilly stupid definition of "great."

as for comments from some other moron,

who gives a crap about anything about party?

as for guy calculating joe's rates: i'd guess it's unlikely that joe hits a million points by mid/end june, but who knows, things could change.

i don't know joe's play schedule, but i honestly think that if it weren't for the sick rakeback benefits he wouldn't be playing stts at the moment.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Desdia,
130k is barely winning?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, players like Z32, Newt_Buggs, and FieryJ (although I like Jon) or even TravestyFund. I never said bigjoe. You heard alot of jawing from Party players about how good they were but when they switched over to Stars and the Partyfish they didn't follow, you can see the results. Best to me means great on every site, against great opponents, and in every type of structure from reg/winnertakeallsat/6man/HU, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir, are a moron.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Desdia,
130k is barely winning?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, players like Z32, Newt_Buggs, and FieryJ (although I like Jon) or even TravestyFund. I never said bigjoe. You heard alot of jawing from Party players about how good they were but when they switched over to Stars and the Partyfish they didn't follow, you can see the results. Best to me means great on every site, against great opponents, and in every type of structure from reg/winnertakeallsat/6man/HU, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Des, who do you think the best sng players are?

Hint: this ia a trick question because you play $3 sngs and have never played against a single decent player in your life and have no frame of reference other than (lol) railbirding.

All of the players you've listed have made more money at sngs and understand more concepts than you can even fathom.

[/ QUOTE ]

What, like, "tight early, push late"? Hah! You're also looking at a predominately younger than 25 year-old crowd, in or barely out of college, with no family to provide for and no real responsibilities to contend with and who have alot of disposable freetime on their hands. It's no doubt in my mind that, giving more time in my schedule (I barely play more than 4 good hours a week) and less responsibilities, I'd be better than everybody I listed, including bigjoe.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:49 PM

Desdia,

You have kids??
Old 03-17-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Des,
I notice all the Stars regulars are killing the games as well.
Sharkscope Rain,Elky, GuiGui, Shepstar, etc. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you also notice you don't hear people calling them top 10 in the world, too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously you have never been to P5s.
Anyway, obviously you are an idiot so I don't know why I'm continuing this conversation, but if I won $100k at the $114-225s and lost $100k at the $1ks would that mean I suck at sngs?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it just means you're breakeven, which definitely isn't top 10. It also shows you had no business playing $1Ks.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:50 PM

oh this is gonna be good.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Desdia,

If the 5 best sng players in the world play on stars and all break even, they'd still be the 5 best sng players in the world. It may or may not be the case that at the 1k sngs in a field full of the regulars, the best player at the table would have a long run 1% or 0% roi. This is in part because the 2nd - 9th best guys aren't bad.

As for the rest of your post:

1) i've never given my opinion of what a winning $5nl player is in relation to anything else

2) i'm pretty sure you have compared the two

3) the best players in the world do currently play cash. however you will note that on nbc you can watch ivey and antonius playing a stt. must mean the best players in the world play stts.

4) labeling someone as the best in the world just means they are the best. it has nothing to do with the amount of money they are making. the fact is that if you put a worse player in the same chair and dealt them the same cards, they would do worse. that's a more acceptable definition of "best player," over the long run.

as to your response to someone else,

no, best doesn't mean "great on every site, every format, etc" - as pointed out earlier in this post, it's impossible to mean that. does the best 25/50 nl player necessarilly outright destroy a table full of the 8 next best 25/50 nl players? no. also, saying that a great stt player has to be able to be great at 6man, or hu stts is also stupid. there's plenty of very, very good cash pros who will not play hu matches, that doesn't make them not great players unless you use some arbitrarilly stupid definition of "great."

as for comments from some other moron,

who gives a crap about anything about party?

as for guy calculating joe's rates: i'd guess it's unlikely that joe hits a million points by mid/end june, but who knows, things could change.

i don't know joe's play schedule, but i honestly think that if it weren't for the sick rakeback benefits he wouldn't be playing stts at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

You put alot of thought into this one, didn't you, cit? I am now cheesing like Velveeta.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Desdia,
130k is barely winning?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Des, who do you think the best sng players are?

Hint: this ia a trick question because you play $3 sngs and have never played against a single decent player in your life and have no frame of reference other than (lol) railbirding.

All of the players you've listed have made more money at sngs and understand more concepts than you can even fathom.

[/ QUOTE ]

What, like, "tight early, push late"? Hah! You're also looking at a predominately younger than 25 year-old crowd, in or barely out of college, with no family to provide for and no real responsibilities to contend with and who have alot of disposable freetime on their hands. It's no doubt in my mind that, giving more time in my schedule (I barely play more than 4 good hours a week) and less responsibilities, I'd be better than everybody I listed, including bigjoe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flight Risk is back! Let the comedy commence.

rvg
Old 03-17-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Desdia,

You have kids??

[/ QUOTE ]

And nephews, and nieces, and big time responsibilitites. I don't have time to play 3000 SNGs a month (chasing leaderboard points), devote hours to mastering ICM or ranges in SNGPT, or be on 2+2 all day. I've been playing SNGs since late 2003. If you add up all the time I've played since then, it probably equals less than a year of grinding by bigjoe. Trust me, if I had the kind of time on my hands that these guys do, it's no doubt in my mind that I'd be better than all of them.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Desdia,

You have kids??

[/ QUOTE ]

And nephews, and nieces, and big time responsibilitites. I don't have time to play 3000 SNGs a month (chasing leaderboard points), devote hours to mastering ICM or ranges in SNGPT, or be on 2+2 all day. I've been playing SNGs since late 2003. If you add up all the time I've played since then, it probably equals less than a year of grinding by bigjoe. Trust me, if I had the kind of time on my hands that these guys do, it's no doubt in my mind that I'd be better than all of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's the case then turn pro, have 40 hours a week to spend studying/grinding, and get better than everyone else. This isn't complicated. Surely joe is making more per hour than you are. Your arguments just don't add up.