Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Black People

[ QUOTE ]
obss,

Cats have no value beyond a turnip in and of themselves. Please use any ethical theory to dissuade this. My boy Kant says don't torture the kitty cause it leads to torturing peoples.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Neither do you or I. What's your point?

2) Kant sucks.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:43 PM

we brothers are good at 1 ting.....sports we whoopass at da sport
Old 03-06-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I believe that the acceptance of black people has been accelerated by the fact that white people's prejudice are now focused on Middle Easterners (because of terrorism) and Hispanics (because of illegal aliens).

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'll buck the trend so far and say that I think there's something to this. People who are inclined to think along racial lines (i.e. racists) usually have a sort of caste system in their heads. And yes, lately Muslims and hispanics have been working their way down the ladder in the eyes of the ignorant.

Another poster said that racism isn't zero-sum, which is true, strictly speaking. However, nor are racist attitudes towards one group completely independent from attitudes towards other groups.

Somewhere right now in America, some fool is saying to his friends: "Say what you want about the blacks, but at least they're not blowing up buildings."

Somewhere right now, there's a racist white guy commiserating with a racist black guy on the bar stool next to him about those damn hispanics that are taking everybody's jobs.

Writ large, these attitudes and interactions have an effect, and it's an effect that is probably beneficial to black Americans at the moment. To keep with the caste system metaphor, there's only ever room for one Untouchable class at a time. (Except in Germany.)

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps there is not so much room for only one untouchable class as there is for only one "superior" class?
Old 03-07-2007, 03:39 AM

so david you saying hispanics are the most looked down upon race in america besides arabs?
Old 03-07-2007, 04:49 AM

A great book on this topic is called Losing The Race written by a black professor at Berkley. It talks about how black culture perpetuates racism by continuing to make it an issue and using race as a weapon to win battles in situations that call for personal responsibility by blacks.

Also it points to huge deficits in black culture that discourage excellence acdemically and intellectually. His research indicates that this attitude extends into all economic brackets with one of the major reasons being a tolerance of subpar performance in black households by black parents.

Addtionally he talks about the lack of intelligent black people being represented on television.

I agree because mostly what I have seen are a bunch of wanna be Martin Luther Kings spouting angry poorly constructed arguments about race relations in America under the assumption that because they are black and speak fervently that their lack of facts,articulation,credibility, and intelligence will go un-noticed and unrebutted.

My personal opinion about black culture is that there is a large amount of anger. If you want a good example look at the movie Barber Shop. That movie was funny but at the same time had a violence in the interactions that made you cringe. Ice Cube always looks pissed off. Eve can barely wipe the screw face off her face. It was a total struggle for her to seem like a nice approachable person.

I have no racism toward any group that I don't fear. I honestly would say that I used to have a fear of black people. This wasn't based on race it was based on evidence. The news was flooded in the late 80's and early ninetys with gang related news coverage. When you hear about 10 shootings a week and crack cocaine and inner citys you can't help but be a little concerned when you encounter a group of black males from the inner city that are dressed like thugs.

Since then things have changed. Everyday there are more and more black people on television in general. People like Chris Rock and Bill Cosby and Fresh Price and Micheal Jorden and Eddy Murphy etc.. are people I like and respect a lot.

I believe that for most white people fear has been replaced by anxiety. Black people can help by making an effort to reach out and be friendly also. The road goes both ways. For me I have no problem whatsoever with anyone who is nice. I accept anyone that is nice. That's an important word. That's my message to black men especially. Just be nice!! It's not that difficult. Smile a little. Lighten up.

After reading this article and finding out that there are chess grandmasters with 90 IQ's I think IQ is pretty worthless.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...10/30/8391794/

If that link didn't post cut and paste into your browser.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:11 AM

Humans just have too much trouble getting along with others who are different. When the day comes that we can all be downloaded (uploaded?) into computers, then we will have equality. The only problem then will be the different computers, memory size, processor speed, etc. Whatever happens, don't let them put me in a Dell. It sounds too much (and acts too much) like the place you go when you're bad. Worse yet, a person could end up in an old mainframe from the 1970's with an army of support people to keep you running, a help desk full of techies who don't speak English very well--oops we are getting back to the same problem.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:26 PM

Ok. We evolved from monkeys right? So wouldnt it be fair to say that black people are closer to monkeys than white people - they havent evolved as far...

And asian people are closer to koala bears.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We evolved from monkeys right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Close. The mating of orangatangs and space aliens resulted in the creation of H. Sapiens. Space aliens are the missing link.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
acceptance of black people

[/ QUOTE ]

I shake my head at such statements like this everytime I recall the White Man as yet one extention of a multitude of branches in an African Family Tree.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:55 PM

Link The most amusing thing about Sklansky's post is that the all star weekend produced a huge surge in crime in Las Vegas. He then writes that this shows all is well and that whites are closer than ever to total acceptance of blacks.

Whites like myself have no problem with acceptance of individual blacks but are smart enough to know that large groups of black males congregating in urban areas is frequently a recipe for trouble. That's why liberal whites pay a large premium to live in the white areas of Manhattan vs living much more cheaply in Harlem.

Growing up in Atlanta I can recall three major racial incidents in the city. The first one was black serial killer Wayne Williams killing 20+ black children in the early 1980's. A very large number of blacks decided that the Klan was responsible although the evidence against Williams was overwhelming. The second was an urban festival on a Friday night called "Light Up Atlanta". Year one was a success. Year 2 was the last year of the festival as large numbers of black youth roamed through the crowds ripping jewelry such as necklaces directly off of women. The third instance was random blacks attacking random whites in downtown Atlanta after the Rodney King verdict (which had nothing to do with Atlanta). What all these instances have in common is whites being blamed or attacked for things in which they actually did nothing.

Listen to black radio sometime, you'll hear the word "black" nonstop. During Super Bowl week the only thing said about the Super Bowl is "we've got two black coaches". You'll also hear a complete disregard for any stories aside from those involving blacks.

Black racist works such as Malcolm X's autobiography or other Black Muslim works are commonly carried by blacks on subways and buses of large American cities. I can't imagine whites walking around with such literature in public.

Yet somehow Sklansky thinks that the problem with race relations is that whites need to learn how to accept others. This was the thinking in the 1960's which led to a permanent explosion in American crime and all sorts of affirmative action programs.