Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 12:06 PM

Default Re: A Surprise at the Venetian !

[ QUOTE ]
But it may be a good thing if they just do NL games. That way there would be even more Limit games and levels going at Wynn and Mirage.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you were in Vegas last year it was WSOP time, and therefore they were able to get some of those games going. There was even a weak 40/80 hobbling along for a while last year, and the game was really good with sick amounts of comps! After the WSOP all the limit games dried up. Management tried a bunch of tricks which are good for players in theory but bad for poker in the long run such as $1 rake for 8/16 and up limit games (8/16 has since been replaced by 9/18, much smarter since an 8/16 game in Vegas played with $4 chips wont have any action - it was a remnant from management's experiance at Foxwoods). The problem with a $1 rake is when the game gets shorthanded to 6 players as it eventually will always do what are you going to offer to the players now? No rake?

In short the best thing for the V to do is embrace its position as an NL room that spreads limit games on occasion when there are enough customer requests. If they took that approach rather than trying to be everything for everyone they would have a much happier customer base - communication is the key, players want information.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:59 PM

Now that the deepstack tourney is over What/When/How much are the daily Venetian NL tournaments?
Thanks
Old 07-16-2007, 05:23 PM

I'll be at the Venetian with Mrs. C Aug 8-9, and was hoping to play some limit. The deep stack tourney and WSOP will be done. Will I have any luck finding LHE up to 9/18 at the V?
Old 07-16-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be at the Venetian with Mrs. C Aug 8-9, and was hoping to play some limit. The deep stack tourney and WSOP will be done. Will I have any luck finding LHE up to 9/18 at the V?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hit or miss. Start a list and try to get lucky, when the games run they tend to be good. If things run sour run across the street to the Mirage. It cant hurt to try.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:13 PM

With the change in day shift room manager I suspect the day games will be run better and smoother. It will be more IF YOU WANT IT WE WILL SPREAD IT. This will help drag the games into the nighttime hours. Should be good all around for both the players and the "V".
Old 07-16-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With the change in day shift room manager I suspect the day games will be run better and smoother. It will be more IF YOU WANT IT WE WILL SPREAD IT. This will help drag the games into the nighttime hours. Should be good all around for both the players and the "V".

[/ QUOTE ]

The Buzz was good for the day shift manager change when i heard about it last week, xing my fingers!
Old 07-16-2007, 07:30 PM

I have been gone for a little over a week (out of town) but I hear from reports the change has been good. Tom is an A #1 dude and should be a big plus to the day shift.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:58 AM

Thanks TT. I'll see what happens.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:07 AM

I was in Vegas for the last five weeks, and I thought that the $2 rake 8-16 game with $4 chips was awesome. Apparently, there were plenty of complainers, and one day they changed to 9-16 w/$3 chips. Perhaps it's just a coincidence, but shortly after the game pretty much stopped happening.

I hated the $3 chips, and preferred the 8-16 game by a lot, but still tried to play and I think once when I went in was the game running.

They did try and accomadate players. They got a $5/point chinese poker game going, before they even knew how they were raking the game....
Old 07-17-2007, 05:06 AM

I stopped into the Venetian in the middle of the afternoon before the WSOP got started and they had one game going.