Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2006, 11:00 AM

Default Re: New Software Announcement - SIXTH SENSE

I was prompted to d/l ver. 39 this morning, which I did. Then when it was done installing it said I needed to set the database (which was all previously done and working fine), I said ok, it wanted a password, which I gave, it then needed to know where to look I guess as it popped up with some of my SS programs. Having no clue what to do, I clicked on PT Agg and it started to appear to do something. PT Agg is open and a timer is clicking down from 60 seconds to 0, which when it's done starts all over again, with no new info or stats in the window, New players, New Stat Records etc are all still at zero and the timer keeps starting over when it runs down to zero. Is this what it's suppose to be doing? Did I do something wrong? Some instructions would have been nice for those of us that are computer illiterate :P It's now been running 12 minutes, but doesn't appear to be accomplishing anything.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a suggestion.

Is there any way you can colour the tables you are sat at on the table list?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's on the to-do list. Thanks for the suggestion.

-Ben
Old 08-12-2006, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
some general, probably stupid, ?'s.... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I assume the Avg VPIP, Avg PFR, AvgPot columns in the table list come from your scans of Party - correct?

What are the User, Buddy columns for in the table list? Buddy I assume is how many of my buddies are at that table? Is the User column how many SS users are at the table?

What is the Data column for?

What do the times in the Updated column indicate? The time since SS's last scan of Party, but I still need to do frequent refreshes? Or is it the time since a last automatic refresh of my screen? For example, I've been datamining for ~1 hour and the times in the Updated column all say 1-2 mins, but I haven't hit the refresh button in that hour.

The individual players stats in the Player window come from my database - correct?

I know your fish score equation is proprietary but is it calculated mostly based on my database stats of players at a particular table? (ie. we will get more reliable fish scores the more complete our database?)

I think I recall somewhere your fish score equation was derived based on limit holdem data - correct? If so, a feature where a user could select different fish score equations based on game would be cool. I can think of four - limit FR/6max, and NL FR/6max. Or is that thinking totally way off base? Of course I know I could do my own custom scoring rules as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

AvgVPIP and AVGPFR come from YOUR database(s). AvgPot comes from Party's lobby.

The "User" column is the user score that's calculated if you choose to use "Custom User Scoring" under the menu.

The "Buddy" column is the Sum of Buddy scores for buddies at that table. Buddy score is set in the Buddy list, defaults to 1.0.

The "Data" column tells you how many players you have data for at that table. It is fractional if below 300 hands, e.g. a player with 150 hands would show up as 0.5. Anything over 300 hands is just 1.0. So a score of 10 would mean you have at least 300 hands for all players at a full game.

"Updated" is the age of the data *at the time you hit the refresh button*. We record the time we scrapped the data off the lobby, that's how we get that value. <2 mins is good, > 5 mins can get bad because players leave, etc. If you hit Refresh, and just let it sit for 10 minutes, the values wont' change. I think if you scroll around though they will change.

The fish score is also scaled by how many hands you have on them, up to 300. So the more stats you have the better.

No, we currently have 4 sets of rules: 10-seats Limit, 6-seats Limit, 10-Seats No-Limit and 6-Seats No-Limit. The correct rules are automatically applied. If you do custom rules however, those same rules are used for all tables.

Hope that helps,
-Ben
Old 08-12-2006, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Why does PTAGG automatically detect PT DBs now? I don't like that one bit. I have old DBs that I keep around to view stats for some time, but which I don't want figuring into how I presently select tables...I also have a lot of non-Party DBs...I don't want PTAGG to spend any time looking at those (unless it takes a quick look and sees they're not party DBs so ignores them). The previous method was just fine -- how much easier can you get then a set of checkboxes?? Why change it?

EDIT: oh, wait, you're talking about SS there, not PTAGG...I see...well same question goes then I guess...SS isn't going to automatically assume you want to use ALL the DBs on your hard drive is it?

2) You should also make it so that SS "remembers" the ordering of the tables it finds, and MORE IMPORTANTLY the order of the Player Fields if the user switches them around (like I did). E.g. I like the lower PLAYERS window to show Player/VPIP/HANDS/Fish as the first 4 columns...so I drag and drop them how I want, but when i close down SS and reopen it, they're back in the default positions...same goes for the upper window...I wanted them always sorted by Table stakes (aka Limit)...whatever the settings are when the user closes SS should be how SS appears when it's re-opened.

p.s. i'm finally getting SS to work like i want it to...good job.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the way it works now works best for everyone. The automatic detection should just be for new users, and now works with SS instead of just in PTAgg. So the reason for the change was to make it easier on new user setup.

What you want to do is just setup SS to use whatever db's you want to score from. And now PTAgg will automatically use the same dbs to aggregate from. In the "Configure Databases" menu, only databases that are checked will actually be used for scoring/aggregated.

If you do an "Automatic Detection", it finds all of the PokerTracker Access and Postgres databases it can find. You can then un-check whichever ones you don't want it to use. Again, this is the easiest way for new users.

I will add "Remember Sorting" and "Remember column ordering" to the to-do list.

Glad you like it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Ben
Old 08-12-2006, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice program. Is there an explanation of how the fish score (default for NL 6-max) is calculated?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] We consider our scoring system proprietary. However, once we release we will have private forums on our server that discuss how the interal scoring works. These will only be accessible to our customers.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was prompted to d/l ver. 39 this morning, which I did. Then when it was done installing it said I needed to set the database (which was all previously done and working fine), I said ok, it wanted a password, which I gave, it then needed to know where to look I guess as it popped up with some of my SS programs. Having no clue what to do, I clicked on PT Agg and it started to appear to do something. PT Agg is open and a timer is clicking down from 60 seconds to 0, which when it's done starts all over again, with no new info or stats in the window, New players, New Stat Records etc are all still at zero and the timer keeps starting over when it runs down to zero. Is this what it's suppose to be doing? Did I do something wrong? Some instructions would have been nice for those of us that are computer illiterate :P It's now been running 12 minutes, but doesn't appear to be accomplishing anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, sorry, I thought I had it setup to automatically remember the "old way" it was configuration databases and convert that to the "new way". Doing auto-detection of your databases though is the safe way to set it up.

I think I need to add another popup dialog to explain what its doing. It was asking for where your PokerTracker folder was so that it could scan for Access databases. You might want to run auto-detection again to have that work. If you gave it the wrong folder, you'll need to delete that line out of your "SixthSenseClient configuration settings" file.

Opening up PTAgg is not a problem if that's what you want. Just set the checkboxes in the Config menu to what you want to use. PTAgg will make scoring faster *once it completes its first scan*, which can take a long while.

One it completes its first scan, it just does a rescan every 60 seconds. If the first scan was very fast, something was probably wrong, and you need to do a "Configure Databases" again.

Sorry, our docs and website are lagging behind the code. But we'll correct that soon.

Let me know how that works for you.

-Ben
Old 08-12-2006, 02:39 PM

Thanks, I got it going again, I started fresh and didn't use the PT Agg and it started running the way it always did, I don't remember exactly what I did though now, haha. But at least it's working for me again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2006, 03:57 PM

if i already ran the pt agg how do i tell SS to use the database it created?

i have v1.0.0.39
Old 08-12-2006, 06:26 PM

I took quite a while to set all settings/configurations/highlighting format rules like I wanted on my desktop...is there an easy way for me to copy all settings to my laptop? E.g. can I just copy over one of the files to do the trick?
Old 08-12-2006, 07:13 PM

ignore...