Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 08:11 PM

Default Re: China pissed at USA: Thread dedicated to theweatherman

China is a despicable country. It's all nice and sweet on the outside, and once you take a peek under the surface it is so thoroughly rotten it is disgusting. Slavery, religious persecution, corruption, executions w/o sentence, widespread censorship. And to give all a nice tint they give us the Shanghai skyline.

And to all you gremlins who are itching to tell me how evil and bad some first world nation (we all know which one you want to scream about, so no worry - we have all heard what you want to say) are, and how much it is just as bad as china - please do some research on china before you ever say that again and don't cloud this up - if it still won't shut you up, then fine, at least I tried.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As compared to, e.g., the USA?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hijack alert....
Old 10-19-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
China is a despicable country.

[/ QUOTE ]

And thanks to companies such as Walmart, most of us will die form their poisonous and dangerous products.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hijack alert....

[/ QUOTE ]

How is that a hijack? The poster simply pointed out that the "danger to world peace" argument actually cuts much harder against the USA than China. That is a not a hijack, it is direct discussion of the merit of the poster's argument.

"Hijack" does not mean "inconvenient fact that I don't like"

q/q
Old 10-19-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hijack alert....

[/ QUOTE ]

How is that a hijack? The poster simply pointed out that the "danger to world peace" argument actually cuts much harder against the USA than China. That is a not a hijack, it is direct discussion of the merit of the poster's argument.

"Hijack" does not mean "inconvenient fact that I don't like"

q/q

[/ QUOTE ]
ZOMG, first post I've ever agreed with quads on. I feel dirty enough that I need a shower...
Old 10-19-2007, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
China is a despicable country. It's all nice and sweet on the outside, and once you take a peek under the surface it is so thoroughly rotten it is disgusting. Slavery, religious persecution, corruption, executions w/o sentence, widespread censorship. And to give all a nice tint they give us the Shanghai skyline.

And to all you gremlins who are itching to tell me how evil and bad some first world nation (we all know which one you want to scream about, so no worry - we have all heard what you want to say) are, and how much it is just as bad as china - please do some research on china before you ever say that again and don't cloud this up - if it still won't shut you up, then fine, at least I tried.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who says that the US government is worse than the Chinese Government is way way wrong. But that's not how we should be evaluating the value of the US government.

Anyway back to the thread, try to have some empathy for the chinese people living under such an oppressive horrific government you have much much more in common with them than you do with your own leaders and as soon as people start to realise that the sooner these things will get better.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And thanks to companies such as Walmart, most of us will die form their poisonous and dangerous products.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose if were a crackhead you would blame your addiction on your dealer. If there is any guilt, it doesn't belong to walmart. It belongs to walmarts customers.

Stu
Old 10-19-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose if were a crackhead you would blame your addiction on your dealer. If there is any guilt, it doesn't belong to walmart. It belongs to walmarts customers.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I was just about to post something similar. Walmart is just responding to the demands of its customers.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any neighboring country that China has not attacked?

[/ QUOTE ]

In modern times, I believe Russia and Japan are the only two countries on that list

[/ QUOTE ]

It should also be noted that cold-war era Soviet had an enormous force deployment on the border to China. That probably helped the peace along quite abit.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who says that the US government is worse than the Chinese Government is way way wrong. But that's not how we should be evaluating the value of the US government.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. This board is very pro-freedom, and we should be very critical of the US when it falls short of what we expect (which it does more than ever in recent times), but thinking it's even in the same ballpark as the Chinese is delusional. It's a pretty irrational belief, and shows how out of control anti-Americanism can be. People need to relax a little.