Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 05:49 AM

Default Clearing the Full Tilt first deposit fast

Hi

What is the easiest and safest way to clear the $600 first deposit deal. Also was I correct to sign up for the rakeback offer through pokersource?
Old 09-27-2007, 05:59 AM

Default Re: Clearing the Full Tilt first deposit fast

It depends what stakes you play. The quickest way would be if you plated the $600NL (thats big blinds, not buy in) heads up. Don't play for the sake of clearing the bonus, play at the stakes where you feel comfortable playing.

As for pokersource, no idea, go to the affiliates forum and if they have a good rep at these forums then chances are that yes, you did make a good choice.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:24 AM

As VLV said, don't play for the sake of clearing the bonus. Play the game you are strongest at and at the levels you are comfortable with and properly bankrolled for.

If you mean PSO (pokersourceonline)they are ok providing you selected the rakeback option and not the other options such as free books.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:27 AM

I only really play at 25nl/50nl. Although I can't reaaly afford to lose $600 I thought the deal was worth trying. I suppose just so long as I'm not stupid I should be ok. Thanks

Even at these levels is it worth having the rakeback?
Old 09-27-2007, 07:37 AM

The offer is good and if you can put in the hands needed you can do it. However, don't go mad with your bankroll, if you can't afford to lose it careful with your gambling. If you are a winning player though, you should be fine.

And yes, rakeback is always worth it.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:27 AM

Just to give you an idea I've played approx 35K hands for $300 in bonus money and about $200RB, so $500 in total at 25nL. Halve the amount of hands needed since you play 50NL and its a pretty nice sum.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:30 AM

looks like I will have to put some hours into it. I only have until January to clear the bonus.

I'm sure I saw it somehwere saying I cannot cliam rakeback until the bonus is cleared, is this right?
Old 09-27-2007, 09:47 AM

You don't get as much. I never got the whole MSG or whatever thing so I can't explain it to you but you do get bonus and RB at the same time. You just dont get RB on the total rake you pay. I think what they do is say you pay $1000 rake, and over that $1000 you earn... I don't know...say 1000 points. You get a dollar per 10 points. So you get $100 in bonus money. So after that you get rake back on 1000-100, so on 900.

I hope that made sense, I made up the points and everything just for the example as I couldn't be bothered checking the real point system.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Even at these levels is it worth having the rakeback?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, because when you are playing $300/600 (or even $1/2) next year, you will be very glad you signed up with rakeback.