Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Re: *Official* Philadelphia E-A-G-L-E-S Thread (2007-2008)

Feeley is a very bad QB, Detmer and McMahon are like 10 levels below him and everybody knows that. They are completely incapable of playing QB in the NFL. Like I said, Feeley is somewhat capable, and is able to run the eagles offense. I do not think he is better than McNabb at all, I do not think that Feeley's win loss record indicates that he is better than McNabb. I do think that Feeley is not a good QB, and has been able to win with the Eagles at a similar rate as McNabb (over a very small sample), which might indicate that McNabb is really not that good. Garcia only annunciated that point last year.

I do not think McNabb is really hurt. Whenever he plays bad he is always hurt. Staying healthy and being in shape, which are two major problems with his lazy ass, are two of the most important aspects of a QB. Which is another reason I dont like him. Also another reason why he needs to go.

The type of QB that I think would suit the Eagles offense perfectly would be David Garrard, Garcia, Jay Cutler. They can scramble if they need to and are willing to scramble on 3rd down. They dont throw as hard as they possibly can every pass play like McNabb, are more accurate, and are better on 3rd down. McNabb is definitely not a top QB, he maybe was at some point, but his time is up and he needs to go.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:04 PM

i have to say in this mcnabb vs garcia argument that its not really who was better, clearly mcnabb is more talented, garcia more accurate. Rather its the system that they play in. Garcia is very very good in the west coast offense, which is why he did so well with san fran, then so bad with cleveland/detroit, and then well again with philly and now tampa bay. mcnabb needs to be in a run and gun type of offense, hes really good at making the big plays, but lacks overall consistency. for that reason i think hed do very well in a place like new orleans with sean payton or in new england with belechik. unfortunately for mcnabb not too many teams run such an offense.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You have to be kidding me. McNabb had absolutely NOTHING to do with the Eagles losing that game. He had 0 turnovers and threw for 350 yards and 2 touchdowns and took a 17 point lead into the 4th.

A Westbrook fumble, the D's complete collapse, bad playcalling and some very flukey plays (that fumble into the endzone) were the reasons they lost that game.

D

[/ QUOTE ]
immediately before the westbrook fumble mcnabb committed one of the most retarded false starts i have ever seen by an NFL quarterback, he did like some kind of shimmy or dance to try to draw the defense offsides

im sure westbrook fumbled because he was still thinking "wtf was that?" like everyone else watching the game

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

Immediately after posting, I realized someone would bring this up. I doubt this even makes the Top 25 reasons why they lost that game.

D
Old 11-21-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Garcia started and was better, because garcia actually is better than McNabb. When Garcia started people finally started to realize that McNabb was not that good.

[/ QUOTE ]

DVOA and DPAR from 2006, 2004, 2003, 2002 prove you wrong. You don't like McNabb and that's fine, but let's stick to reality.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes Garcia and McNabb have similar stats, but what they do on 3rd downs, in important situations, and the effect they had on the rest of the team is hugely positive to one side (Garcia) and negative on the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you ever use actual evidence to back up your statements?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any Eagles fan that watched last years games, or the many playoff games that McNabb has blown, knows what I am talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

McNabb has blown 0 playoff games in his NFL career.

Lost to a better NYG team on road that went to SB.
Versus the Rams he led them to a 2nd half lead @STL, a much better team and the Def was unable to stop Faulk. He never had a single WR who could get open in the playoffs until TO [and still doesn't].
The Def [and Jim J] screwed the pooch in the TB game going with Kirkland and Blaine Bishop as starters instead of guys who could actually cover. Eagles were down 10 before McNabb's game-ending pick, even a TD for us there doesn't get the win.

McNabb got hurt in CAR game and Pinkston and Trash wouldn't even reach for the ball in that game. They had 1 catch total. Detmer threw a pick at the 5. Eagles receivers dropped EIGHT passes that day, and were directly responsible for 3 of the picks.
LJ Smith fumbles in Maroon Zone & has a pass go right off his hands for a pick vs NWE, another game where the Def simply couldn't stop the other team in the 2nd half.

He also also led 22-pt wins over Tampa, and 18-pt over TB, and 14 @ Chi, and 17-pt over ATL, and beat GB in OT, and Minn [w/Moss] by 13, and 18-pt over ATL again.
Rams, NYG, TB, and NWE were all superior teams than PHL in January [see TB's annhilation of Oak as big underdog.]

Peyton was 3-6 in playoffs until last year and still has a worse career playoff record than McNabb. Blaming the losses on him is ridiculous. In many games the playcalling, WR effort and O-line has been pathetic.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have to say in this mcnabb vs garcia argument that its not really who was better, clearly mcnabb is more talented, garcia more accurate.Garcia is very very good in the west coast offense, which is why he did so well with san fran, because he had TO to throw to [and Jerry Rice!] and has never put up similar numbers since, which is why he couldn't play in Cleveland or Detroit

[/ QUOTE ]

McNabb with TO and Jerry Rice at WR would have won at least 3 Super Bowls, likely more [2001, 2003, 2004, maybe 2000 and 2002]. Instead we had CHARLES FREAKING JOHNSON and TORRANCE SMALL and then Stinkston and Trash. Vomit.

Garcia's top 2 wideouts, by contrast in his first PB year, had >2200 yds receiving and 20 TDs in a similar offense. Because TO+Rice >>>>>>>>> Small and Johnson.

The past years, the QB rankings have been thus:
Manning
Brady
[gap]
Palmer
McNabb
Brees
Bulger
Hasselback
Roeth
[gap]
Eli
Favre
Vick
Plummer/Kitna/etc
everyone else
Old 11-21-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes Garcia and McNabb have similar stats, but what they do on 3rd downs, in important situations, and the effect they had on the rest of the team is hugely positive to one side (Garcia) and negative on the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you ever use actual evidence to back up your statements?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any Eagles fan that watched last years games, or the many playoff games that McNabb has blown, knows what I am talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

McNabb has blown 0 playoff games in his NFL career.

Lost to a better NYG team on road that went to SB.
Versus the Rams he led them to a 2nd half lead @STL, a much better team and the Def was unable to stop Faulk. He never had a single WR who could get open in the playoffs until TO [and still doesn't].
The Def [and Jim J] screwed the pooch in the TB game going with Kirkland and Blaine Bishop as starters instead of guys who could actually cover. Eagles were down 10 before McNabb's game-ending pick, even a TD for us there doesn't get the win.

McNabb got hurt in CAR game and Pinkston and Trash wouldn't even reach for the ball in that game. They had 1 catch total. Detmer threw a pick at the 5. Eagles receivers dropped EIGHT passes that day, and were directly responsible for 3 of the picks.
LJ Smith fumbles in Maroon Zone & has a pass go right off his hands for a pick vs NWE, another game where the Def simply couldn't stop the other team in the 2nd half.

He also also led 22-pt wins over Tampa, and 18-pt over TB, and 14 @ Chi, and 17-pt over ATL, and beat GB in OT, and Minn [w/Moss] by 13, and 18-pt over ATL again.
Rams, NYG, TB, and NWE were all superior teams than PHL in January [see TB's annhilation of Oak as big underdog.]

Peyton was 3-6 in playoffs until last year and still has a worse career playoff record than McNabb. Blaming the losses on him is ridiculous. In many games the playcalling, WR effort and O-line has been pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post.

More stats! The Eagles O-line pass blocking DVOA ranking and the Eagles Best WR's DPAR ranking:

2007 - #23 & 18
2006 - #14 & 22
2005 - #17 & 67!
2004 - #10 & 10
2003 - #29 & 50
2002 - #21 & 37 (Antonio Freeman! I forgot!)
2001 - #22 & 52

D
Old 11-21-2007, 07:24 PM

In fairness, the Eagles adjusted sack rate always sucks largely because of the way McNabb plays. He looks to scramble instead of throwing it away (leading to extra big plays but also extra sacks) and he doesn't force throws into coverage (leading to fewer picks but more sacks).

Not saying that's bad, just saying it like it is.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In fairness, the Eagles adjusted sack rate always sucks largely because of the way McNabb plays. He looks to scramble instead of throwing it away (leading to extra big plays but also extra sacks) and he doesn't force throws into coverage (leading to fewer picks but more sacks).

Not saying that's bad, just saying it like it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. But on the whole, I would say that the pass blocking skills of the O-line during his tenure has been average at best.

D
Old 11-21-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Garcia started and was better, because garcia actually is better than McNabb. When Garcia started people finally started to realize that McNabb was not that good.

[/ QUOTE ]

DVOA and DPAR from 2006, 2004, 2003, 2002 prove you wrong. You don't like McNabb and that's fine, but let's stick to reality.

[/ QUOTE ]

That proves nothing.