Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 10:45 PM

Default Re: *Official* Philadelphia E-A-G-L-E-S Thread (2007-2008)

[ QUOTE ]
While TO is an idiot, he works and plays harder than everyone and it shows.

[/ QUOTE ]

playing QB in the NFL is like 4 times more difficult than playing WR. "playing harder and it shows"??? You can play hard at QB and still look like garbage in the NFL. When was the last time a WR looked terrible like a QB?

When a WR has a terrible game, the casual fan probably can't even tell. They can't tell when they run a bad route or even drop a ball that was catchable. But NFL QB's can look terrible very easy, and even the casual fans can point it out and sound smart.

He's Donovan Freaking McNabb. Give the guy some credit. I probably want to see Kevin Kolb in there more than anybody, as he's from my alma mater but he's nowhere near McNabb's caliber.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
While TO is an idiot, he works and plays harder than everyone and it shows.

[/ QUOTE ]

playing QB in the NFL is like 4 times more difficult than playing WR. "playing harder and it shows"??? You can play hard at QB and still look like garbage in the NFL. When was the last time a WR looked terrible like a QB?

[/ QUOTE ]

while i can agree that its not always easy to tell whether a specific reciever is having a bad game, its def easy to tell when receivers are replaced in the lineup, and pretty easy to see the eagles have had very little consistency at WR since TO left

[ QUOTE ]
He's Donovan Freaking McNabb. Give the guy some credit. I probably want to see Kevin Kolb in there more than anybody, as he's from my alma mater but he's nowhere near McNabb's caliber.

[/ QUOTE ]
also i wasnt criticizing mcnabb (although i really dont like him and always thought he was overrated), i just wanted to see eagles fans thoughts on TO leaving
Old 11-19-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
were you happy to see McNabb vs. TO result in owens leaving philly?

[/ QUOTE ]
It wasn't TO vs McNabb, rather TO vs the Eagles. McNabb could have handled the situation better, but that was never the root of the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong. McNabb didn't have lockerroom support.

The only one to step up for him (besides his mama) was Hugh Douglas already off the team.

And yes, McNabb is a whiney little girl. He belongs to an elite group of professional athletes that can't handle criticism.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:07 PM

Smiglet, how many NFC Championship games did he get to without TO?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
question for all you eagles fans:

personally i think mcnabb is a whiny little btch, complains about everything that doesnt go his way (the comments about black qbs having it harder than white ones was just plain stupid imo).

[/ QUOTE ]

As an Eagles fan:

1) I really have no idea why you think that McNabb complains about everything that does not go his way - I have never heard him complain until that Black QB thing. Other examples?

2) As for his Black QB comments - It's not hard to read through the lines as to what he really meant - Translation: "I am criticized more harshly and unfairly that other QB's." And he's right. He's been the center of a whole bunch of controversies and NONE of them were his fault. I'd say over the last 5 years, no player has been more criticized than him - considering his level of success Unfortunately, it comes with the territory of being the Eagles QB. I love the Eagles, but on the whole, hate Eagles fans - they almost seem to want failure so that they can say "I told you this team sucks."

D
Old 11-19-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1) I really have no idea why you think that McNabb complains about everything that does not go his way - I have never heard him complain until that Black QB thing. Other examples?

[/ QUOTE ]

He complains about something every other week.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:07 AM

re TO

It really wasn't about TO vs McNabb even though it kinda turned out like that in the media. TO broke his leg late in the season and somehow managed to make it back for the Super Bowl where he had one awesome game. He also wanted a new contract and knew if the Eagles somehow won the Super Bowl without him he would have basically zero leverage of getting one. So his stance after the season was "i'm awesome and the perfect fit for this offense and I sacrificed my career to try and help us win a Super Bowl, so pay me." Then after it became clear the Eagles were never gonna give him a new deal he started his bitching and going after whatever he could, most notably McNabb. I've always thought all the TO, McNabb fighting for control of the locker room and is McNabb the leader of the team stuff that went on was way overblown by the media.

re McNabb

I don't think he every really handled criticism very well. He seems to take comments about him too personally and he has gone to the black QB has it hard card too many times over the years.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He complains about something every other week.

[/ QUOTE ]

ex·am·ple [ig-zam-puhl]
–noun

1. an instance serving for illustration; specimen.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:13 AM

ive made my thought on mcnabb pretty clear, but my biggest problem with him is not taking the blame ever. its always we we we, when a lot of the times he, as the QB, should say I sucked, I blew it. Even manning, who is also a huge bitch, is capable of saying I had a terrible game. McNabb never does. TO is an idiot, but McNabb hasnt been the same, and people havent thought the same about McNabb, since TO left.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
were you happy to see McNabb vs. TO result in owens leaving philly?

[/ QUOTE ]
It wasn't TO vs McNabb, rather TO vs the Eagles. McNabb could have handled the situation better, but that was never the root of the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong. McNabb didn't have lockerroom support.

[/ QUOTE ]
McNabb's locker room support has nothing to do with what I wrote.