Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: PokerFink\'s NFC Rankings (Week 10)

I don't see him as a homer really. I think he just calls it like it is for the most part.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of people say that Aikman is a Dallas homer and a bad commentator. I'm a Redskins lover/Cowboys hater and even I think that he is a good color guy and is very impartial. What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the only team I ever see a bias from Aikman is the Giants. Other than that I don't mind him that much, I just wish Joe Buck would find another profession. Emmitt Smith is terrible, I wish ESPN would go back to Young, Jackson, Irvin, Ditka, Berman for Sunday Countdown.

My least favorite announcer right now is tied between Siragusa and Simms, I just can't stand Simms doing games. My favorite is Boomer(on the radio for Monday night games only) and Tony Boselli, LDO.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:30 PM

Emmitt is the worst there is. Aikman is the best, this really isn't up for debate.

[ QUOTE ]
So how the hell does Dallas get three home games in a row?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see here, 3 out of their first 5 games were on the road.

Off the bye in week 8 they played 2 divisional road games.

5 out of their first 9 games were on the road including 3 divisional road games.

Aikman is the best around but that comment he made doesn't make any sense, if anything they should play a road game AFTER Turkey day. Remember, playing on Turkey day isn't that easy, they get 4 days to prepare instead of the full week and there is the suggestion that they should be on the road before this shortened week? lol wtf? If anything putting them on the road the week after sounds logical but before is just dumb, Dallas I know has only played a road game 1 time since 2000 before Turkey day.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Emmitt is the worst there is. Aikman is the best, this really isn't up for debate.

[ QUOTE ]
So how the hell does Dallas get three home games in a row?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see here, 3 out of their first 5 games were on the road.

Off the bye in week 8 they played 2 divisional road games.

5 out of their first 9 games were on the road including 3 divisional road games.

Aikman is the best around but that comment he made doesn't make any sense, if anything they should play a road game AFTER Turkey day. Remember, playing on Turkey day isn't that easy, they get 4 days to prepare instead of the full week and there is the suggestion that they should be on the road before this shortened week? lol wtf? If anything putting them on the road the week after sounds logical but before is just dumb, Dallas I know has only played a road game 1 time since 2000 before Turkey day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's saying it's not fair for the team they're playing to have to travel but not them. (I'm actually a huge cowboys fan so we can be friends sometimes tdarko)
Old 11-19-2007, 05:33 PM

tdarko,

So uh...what about the team that has to come play them? That's a road game right there.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:39 PM

Kyro,

You "uh's" and elipses are always so annoying just so you know.

They play their Sunday game at home, at least they aren't on the road.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

They play their Sunday game at home, at least they aren't on the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I don't see a huge difference in a team playing on the road, and then returning home for a Thursday game, and a team at home, and traveling 1500 miles (or however far it is) to play on the road on Thursday. Maybe it is a big deal.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not a bad theory Tyler. Also, somewhat related, I think Aikman is a great announcer, very fair and obv good football knowledge.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people say that Aikman is a Dallas homer and a bad commentator. I'm a Redskins lover/Cowboys hater and even I think that he is a good color guy and is very impartial. What do you think?

Emmitt Smith, on the other hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

Troy Aikman was absurdly biased in the latest Dallas-Giants game. He should not be commentating that game.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:03 PM

As a huge Eagles fan, I have always found Aikman to be fair and unbiased - I wanted to hate him, yet I can't. He's really good.

D
Old 11-19-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Troy Aikman was absurdly biased in the latest Dallas-Giants game. He should not be commentating that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could see this happening and find it understandable. I agree that there are certain games he shouldn't be commentating, specifically a Dallas/hated rival game.