Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Who is the best Omaha 8 player in the world?

[ QUOTE ]
I think the toughest guys 4 me are (in no order) hakkalah, davebreal, schimettia, gassss_u, decesions and ritz_club. They all can be tricky and re-bluff u with air. Some are better HU and SH than others and some have not gotten any better since the party poker heyday, but all should be big winners in PLO8.

[/ QUOTE ]

davebreal...pffffft.

if he's so good, why wont he HU 4 avatars w/ me?

pffffft.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is funny. It started off as "who is the best Omaha 8 player" and became "who was the best plo8b player in 2006". Well the answer to the last question is definately Wint. Back when we still talked, I said that no one could make 200k just playing plo8b cash. Well he certainly kicked my bollox in on that one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But I would be astounded if anyone has made that much playing in 2007 and would be fairly suspicious of anyone claiming 200k+ even. Even cake. The 2006 "season" was a huge anomaly in the history of plo8b online. There was never a game like those on Party prior to it, and seemingly none since. Although I had (unfortunately) stopped playing plo8b by then,I had played it very regularly in the biggest games in the years before this, from the days when 1-2 on UB were the biggest games, through to the 5-10 and 10-20 on Stars where Buklah first appeared.

In general, as one of the other posters mentioned, plo8b is not a particularly skilled game. It is the *perfect* game for skinning fish, but beyond that, has always struggled to have a sustainable base, both live and online. The best poker players in Omaha8 are undoubtedly playing short handed limit, probably in 30-60 and 75-150, and the HU action when that is around too on other sites. But these guys are not, seemingly, very prolific 2+2ers or caught up in the internet hype sides of things, so are probably much less known. Raconteur was certianly very good, as were a whole range of other guys.

gl

bdd

[/ QUOTE ]

Been long time BDD.. ahhh the good ole days of 1/2 on UB with McEvoy.

I don't agree with you on 200k not being possible this year.. it would just take a huge amount of hands and have to include rakeback. 75k hands a month at 2/4 would prolly get you close at something reasonable like 2bb/100.

The best pl 8 players can't even come close to competing with the how much just a good holdem player can make though. As you said there isn't and most likely will never be much of a sustainable base of players. The fish simply get torched too quickly.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:18 AM

I once challenged McEvoy on his "play" in those days..he insisted someone else played his account [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] They were fun times and a lot of those names blinked out of existence, others you still see in any plo8b game today. Did we play much, btw donkey? What was your sig?

As to the 200k...well i wasnt including rakeback and of course the insane volume thing might work..those internet kids today huh [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But it might be hard to actually *find* 75k hands in every month of decent sized PLO8b.

gl

bdd
Old 09-30-2007, 07:31 PM

Someone told me that about McEvoy too.. but they said it was definetly him sometimes.

I forget what you would know me by.. prolly aaronw, I didn't play much on my prop account in the pl games.

Ya I wish I could play that many hands.. too lazy [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I play mostly holdem anymore anyway, a long term win rate more than a couple bb/100 I don't think is possible in the pl games anymore, at least on stars.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:17 PM

Of course I remember you. Didnt you have a similar name on Stars? Aren't you the guy that had a bust up with some other plo8b player over $ or something?

gl

bdd