Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2006, 09:30 AM

Default can I selectively delete cookies?

Using Firefox at one internet forum, I have been unable to login. I have a suspicion that I would be able to do so if I first delete all cookies, as I have a vague recollection of this curing a problem with a different website (perhaps using IE).

But I really don't want to delete all cookies, as that would presumably force me to re-enter various passwords,etc.

Is it possible for me to search and delete only the cookies pertaining to the particular forum that is giving me an issue?

(If it makes any difference, the forum is the pokertracker forum, and Pat has no explanation for it himself, though he seems to have had certain other, quirky issues with logging on at his site, like having to re-enter password info a couple of times.)
Old 02-18-2006, 10:45 AM

Default Re: can I selectively delete cookies?

http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptcookie.asp
Old 02-18-2006, 02:26 PM

In Firefox, go to Tools > Options. In the new pop up window select the padlock icon on the left labeled "Privacy".

Scroll down to the Cookies item on the right and expand it. You can then use the "Clear" button to clear all cookies, or instead use the "View Cookies" to browse through and find and delete one in particular.
Old 02-18-2006, 03:19 PM

I use galeon and have *always* had this problem on Pat's site; IME deleting cookies helps for about two times then it's right back to the site not recognizing me; he said once that a site software patch started the problem (as site owners complained of the same trouble) but TTYTT I think it's more than just that because IIRC this has happened (to me) since day one. Josh looks to be using the same software as Pat but I never have this trouble on PA...

Mike