Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Re: The Photography Thread

[ QUOTE ]
this thread is incredible.

im going to be doing a lot of traveling next year and this thread has inspired me to take some lessons and buy a nice camera to capture all the incredible things im sure to see.

thanks to all who've posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

bigt:
two bits of advice,
1. digital is obv the way to go, and take multiple pics of the same shot, tweaking the settings a bit up and down to adjust for the light. (yeah, i know, this is pretty standard photo stuff).

2. more importantly, be sure you have the means to store all of the pics. take them at a fairly high res so that you have the freedom to manipulate or print them later.

Spouse and I were able to take a small notepad computer on our trip and we ended up with over 3k pics. much more freedom than just having a couple of storage cards and making the decision to save or delete a pic based solely on the way it looks on the camera's tiny screen.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ReDeYES: This looks a lot like Greece, I visited the Aegean area a few years back and this brings those memories back.

Totally off?

[/ QUOTE ]

well...not TOTALLY off....i think you have the right continent... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

the two of the village and the one of the cemetery were taken in Cinque Terre...northern italian coast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vernazza! I can see my hotel room in your shot! I've got some "good for me" shots from various inter-town hikes that I might get around to posting sometime.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

Cit,

Spouse and I stayed in Monteroso old town. Awesome place the 5T. We're ready to go back. Look forward to seeing your pics and wondering if we have ant duplicate shots of the same places.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:54 PM

"shot with light from a sayulita sunset"
this photo is froggin amazing.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"shot with light from a sayulita sunset"
this photo is froggin amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, i appreciate the feedback. i took about 60 pictures until the sun had disappeared... i'll try to find another one or two good ones from the series to post.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:02 PM

My 2c for all those interested in how to make strong, appealing photos a.k.a. COMPOSITION
Old 02-11-2007, 06:16 PM

some pretty talented people here
Old 02-11-2007, 06:33 PM

Picture of the wedding party at my friends wedding in Las Vegas, originally in color.

I ran around the bus as the boys came into view of the crowd waiting in front of the Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel on the north strip. All of them have beers. My brother is the tall one, third from the left. The groom is in the background, only one with a black shirt.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:45 PM

I really like that picture... maybe it's the 50 times I've watched reservoir dogs...

It's a great candid
Old 02-13-2007, 05:15 PM

will someone responsible get a contest of some kind going for this month?
Old 02-14-2007, 05:20 PM

Hey, I'm in a Black and White photography class, but if you guys want I can suggest some ideas for contests and I wouldn't have a problem running it. Unfortunately, all my pictures right now are being taken on film and I have to develop them myselves (although I have a grasp on how to develop film, we haven't printed anything yet).

I think bi-weekly would be best, but it's up to you. Once we start developing prints, I'll upload some of my stuff.

My suggestions would end up being more along the lines of becoming focused on various aspects of photography. Light, perspective, depth of field, etc, although I'm sure I could come up with more topical things like shooting animals, shooting people, etc. Or...um...we have an assignment for a month from now is to take a self-portrait of your sexuality as seen from the opposite sex. I might skip over that one.

Anyway, let me know. I would need thread-starting powers in this thread to start a contest, though.