Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would OOT enjoy an "ask me" thread about lesbians?
yes 9 9.89%
YES 82 90.11%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2007, 01:18 AM

Default Re: who does tOSU play in the title game?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not from California and I've said this at least 3 times. Expect to be just as ignored as I was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you're being ignored; it's just that even if the loss was fluky doesn't mean you throw it out the window as if it didn't happen.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not from California and I've said this at least 3 times. Expect to be just as ignored as I was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you're being ignored; it's just that even if the loss was fluky doesn't mean you throw it out the window as if it didn't happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will say again, USC therefore has one truly bad loss whereas LSU has two as the supposed #1 team in the nation. I think the #1 ranking means you're viewed as a favorite against everybody you play, and twice the Tigers have failed to step up to the plate. To me, that is not a national championship caliber team.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will say again, USC therefore has one truly bad loss whereas LSU has two

[/ QUOTE ]

I will say again:

Sagarin Rankings:

Arkansas - 21
Kentucky - 23
Stanford - 82

Who the [censored] considers multiple overtime losses to Top 25 teams "very bad losses" besides USC fans straining for arguments to get them into the title game?

Even if you don't think LSU is a national title caliber team, that doesn't magically erase the loss to Stanford and make USC a national title caliber team.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will say again:

Sagarin Rankings:

Arkansas - 21
Kentucky - 23
Stanford - 82

Who the [censored] considers multiple overtime losses to Top 25 teams "very bad losses" besides USC fans straining for arguments to get them into the title game?

Even if you don't think LSU is a national title caliber team, that doesn't magically erase the loss to Stanford and make USC a national title caliber team.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to say: I have no affiliation with USC, and I have never once argued for them over LSU. I will, however, continue to argue for LSU and USC over OU, OSU, and everybody else.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will say again:

Sagarin Rankings:

Arkansas - 21
Kentucky - 23
Stanford - 82

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, I'm not a USC, LSU, OU, OSU, or any of those teams' fan.

You are somehow able to discount losing TWICE as the TOP TEAM IN THE LAND against KENTUCKY and ARKANSAS AT HOME (where Darren McFadden ran all the hell over LSU) but you won't let a game in which Booty was injured and a complete fluke loss go? Wow.

LSU would've lost to Tennessee tonight too if it hadn't been for a luckbox pick-6 gift from Erik Ainge. I take actual performance and not just Wins and Losses into account whenever possible.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LSU would've lost to Tennessee tonight too if it hadn't been for a luckbox pick-6 gift from Erik Ainge. I take actual performance and not just Wins and Losses into account whenever possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't go so far as saying they definitely would have lost without that play, but they have looked fairly unimpressive all year long. Then again, so has everyone else. I just can't come to grips with a team as untalented as UGA and a QB as poor as Stafford potentially playing in a championship game. Odds are that won't happen, but it's still disturbing to consider.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are somehow able to discount losing TWICE as the TOP TEAM IN THE LAND against KENTUCKY and ARKANSAS AT HOME (where Darren McFadden ran all the hell over LSU) but you won't let a game in which Booty was injured and a complete fluke loss go? Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not 'discounting' the losses to Kentucky and Arkansas. They're part of a resume. Have I said "zomg some fluky [censored] happened, the games were in triple overtime, Dorsey was hurt, let's completely forget what happened"?

[ QUOTE ]
You are somehow able to discount losing TWICE

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I take actual performance and not just Wins and Losses into account whenever possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol irony. "They lost TWICE", with 'twice' in big capital letters, followed not even two paragraphs later with "I take actual performance and not wins and losses into consideration."