Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 04:15 AM

Default Re: WSEX: Official Monthly Thread: June. (#10 of 10.)

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you Mike and 2+2 for providing this venue.

When I first came on here, I stated I wanted WSEX to not only offer the lowest rake but the best platform. That's still the goal.

Last July, WSEX faced a technical "to do" list with 160+ items. Today, 110 have been resolved and another 10 have been scratched. There are very few features left on the list to add. It is mostly made up of hyper-technical back end tweaking projects.

The last upgrade cleaned up most if not all of the bugs brought up in last month's thread.

Are there any other complaints about the platform? Bugs or feature requests?

Fred Balfour
General Manager
WSEX.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I am very satisfied overall with your software. Here are some minor quibbles --

1. Like PokerStars, WPEX does not handle the button and blinds correctly when the small blind or big blind sits out or leaves the table before the next hand starts. The rule is simple. A player must post both the big blind and small blind before receiving the button.

If the small blind leaves or sits out before the next hand starts, the correct procedure is to leave the button where it is and have the big blind from the previous hand post the small blind. Instead, both WPEX and PokerStars move the button to the big blind of the previous hand. Thus he gets the button without having posted the small blind, and the next active player to his left posts the small blind without having previously posted the big blind.

If the big blind sits out or leaves before the next hand starts, then the button correctly moves to the small blind of the previous hand, but the next active player to the left gets to post the small blind without previously having posted the big blind. The correct procedure is to have this player post the big blind on this hand and the small blind on the next hand.

Again, the rule is simple. A player must post both the big blind and small blind before receiving the button.

2. If you are playing in a tournament and open the Tournament Info window, you cannot act on your hand or do anything until you close the Tournament Info window. It would be convenient to have this window open when moving up the tournament payoff ladder.

3. The software is very slow to balance tournament tables.

4. No breaks in tournaments.

David Solomon
Old 06-05-2007, 09:24 AM

David,

In regards to your blinds solution, in both situations a player would be the button twice. While I certainly don't agree with a player skipping a blind, I don't think a player should have the button two hands in a row either.

I think the best solution for all sites is to handle it the way they do in a live game. That is, two blinds to the left of the button always, the button always moves to the next active player, and all players must post a big and small blind per orbit. The only disadvantage is the overlay some players would receive, but I think it's the most fair solution.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
David,

In regards to your blinds solution, in both situations a player would be the button twice. While I certainly don't agree with a player skipping a blind, I don't think a player should have the button two hands in a row either.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not my solution. This is the correct way to deal holdem. This is the way holdem is dealt everywhere in Las Vegas. Full Tilt also handles the button and blinds this way.

[ QUOTE ]

I think the best solution for all sites is to handle it the way they do in a live game. That is, two blinds to the left of the button always, the button always moves to the next active player, and all players must post a big and small blind per orbit. The only disadvantage is the overlay some players would receive, but I think it's the most fair solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you are describing is the way holdem is dealt in California, where the button always moves, and players sometimes post a blind on the button.

The California solution is OK, but the Las Vegas solution is simpler and more elegant, IMHO.

Regardless, the way both WPEX and PokerStars handle this situation is wrong. I have pestered PokerStars support about this for years, but they do not seem to care that they are not dealing the game correctly.

David Solomon
Old 06-05-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you Mike and 2+2 for providing this venue.

Are there any other complaints about the platform? Bugs or feature requests?

Fred Balfour
General Manager
WSEX.com

[/ QUOTE ]

First, love the site and want it to succeed. I wouldn't call this a complaint or a request- but a suggestion perhaps- if you think you're running out of things to improve. I remember the first time logging in to WPEX and thinking that the table graphics looked dated. What I mean exactly is that the rug under the table, the black leather chairs, and dark atmosphere made me think of an old mans club. Of course, looks are highly subjective, and some people probably love it. Still, of many sites I play at WPEX does still look a little dated when you compare.

Personally, I could care less. I play for the rakeback. I also use miniview all the time which looks different. However, fish (being fish) may have a different attitude and may prefer to play at a site with fresher, brighter, and more modern graphics (even though you offer 100% rakeback). I won't give a particular site to emulate as an example, but just about any have more modern looking table graphics. Yes, it's nit-picky but I want fish and fish want easy to use, quick, and good looking (ie modern and fresh).
Old 06-05-2007, 05:23 PM

Suggestion:

(1) Get rid of the carpet.
(2) Have a choice of different color felt on the table (like Bodog), ie light blue.
(3) Maybe have a choice of different floors, ie marble, tile, etc.

Fish love choice and gimmicks.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
looks are highly subjective, and some people probably love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the carpet and general look.

I hope affiliates never get a nickel.

That is all.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:42 PM

anyone else having problems getting their checks?

after waiting 4 weeks I called and inquired about it, I was told it would be here in 2-3 more days. It has now been more than 6 weeks, I just got off the phone after being told I should receive it in the next 10 days... starting to wonder if I call in two more weeks I might get it somewhere in the following 15 days...
Old 06-06-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I love the carpet and general look.

I hope affiliates never get a nickel.

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-06-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone else having problems getting their checks?

after waiting 4 weeks I called and inquired about it, I was told it would be here in 2-3 more days. It has now been more than 6 weeks, I just got off the phone after being told I should receive it in the next 10 days... starting to wonder if I call in two more weeks I might get it somewhere in the following 15 days...

[/ QUOTE ]

it takes a long time if you dont choose the $30 option. i made the mistake once. it took about a month. the $30 option takes 8-11 days.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i've cracked open teh ol wpex a few times over the last few days and without the bots there arent many games running. hard to sit in when i know all of the players and cant find any big fish to chase.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez Guru, you just need to think more like me. Once you follow my example and begin to overestimate your own skill while at the same time underestimating everyone else's, there's ALWAYS a game worth playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh make no mistake, I think I'm great and everyone else sucks despite all of the evidence to the contrary. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My real problem is that when I log on there's exactly one or two game goings at the limit i want to play - full up with a waiting list, and when i sit down alone at two other tables no one wants to play [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

can't get in the game no matter who's already there.
Closed Thread