Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul fans being censored on some conservative sites.

[ QUOTE ]
A word?

But condoning (or even actively promoting) policies that define and separate people based on something as superficial as race doesn't bother you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Zappa, where have I condoned racist government policy?

[ QUOTE ]
So you accepted drinks or other support from this friend? I think you should determine how much money he spent on you and send him a check. After all, he's a racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't know what your getting at. I havn't accused Ron Paul of being racist or said I wouldn't support him due to him being racist. I dont get your point.

So that leaves me with the only option to take your question literally. He was a very good friend ableit a very flawed person.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here you go:

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't know you were a fan of Marx, Borodog?
Old 11-20-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here you go:

[/ QUOTE ]

This just in : Boro is a Marxist.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A word?

But condoning (or even actively promoting) policies that define and separate people based on something as superficial as race doesn't bother you?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't, necessarily. Not that I've seen anyways. But you said using the N word was the "most aggravating form of racism there is." So I wonder why you don't find racist government policies more aggravating.

So, what are your views on government affirmative action policies? Being in Australia (where everyone is either white or a kangaroo) maybe you don't have a strong opinion on this. But if you think the words people use are the worst forms of racism in the world today, you are being a bit shortsighted.

[That other quote in your reply is not mine, btw. I know you're not the only one who does this, but I think quoting different people in the same reply is a bad habit. If you don't want to make two different posts, you could at least address the other guy before the quote. Otherwise it just looks like you're quoting and replying to me, and that I'm ignoring you.]
Old 11-20-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here you go:

[/ QUOTE ]

This just in : Boro is a Marxist.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see a problem. Marx was an anarchist.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:08 PM

I stand by statements I've said in the past that Marx only got one tiny thing wrong. It's just that that one thing has tremendous consequences.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A word?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't, necessarily. Not that I've seen anyways. But you said using the N word was the "most aggravating form of racism there is." So I wonder why you don't find racist government policies more aggravating.

So, what are your views on government affirmative action policies? Being in Australia (where everyone is either white or a kangaroo) maybe you don't have a strong opinion on this. But if you think the words people use are the worst forms of racism in the world today, you are being a bit shortsighted.

[That other quote in your reply is not mine, btw. I know you're not the only one who does this, but I think quoting different people in the same reply is a bad habit. If you don't want to make two different posts, you could at least address the other guy before the quote. Otherwise it just looks like you're quoting and replying to me, and that I'm ignoring you.]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt mean that the N-word in itself is the most aggrevating form of racism. It was specifically the fact that he had sucked up to the black guy, then been racist behind his back. I guess you could draw an analogy with governmet policy here.

I'm against affirmative action, for the same reason many black people give.

Half the people where I live are actually either Indian or Asian.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I stand by statements I've said in the past that Marx only got one tiny thing wrong. It's just that that one thing has tremendous consequences.

[/ QUOTE ]
Marx got many things wrong. Some of his predictions have been proven completely false, namely those concerning the limitations of capitalism. Which 'tiny thing' are you saying he got wrong? Though I infer from this you are far from a Marxist scholar.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:43 PM

Iron, Marx was not an anachist. Although, it is true that Marx envisaged a utopia where the state seized to exist he felt that the state could and would upon the revolution, represent and serve the interest of the prolertariat- not the elite interest of the bourgeoisie or whichever ruling class would prevail. Anarchists of the time like Bakunin spent most of the efforts strictly opposing this notion of Marx which is a complete negation of everything anarchism stands for.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seperated at birth?
[image]http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000025YAY.02.LZZZZZZZ[/image]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely not separated at birth. FZ had talent. JC? Yawwwwnnnn