Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather:
Play in a serious game of dodgeball once every two months for the next 15 years. 30 56.60%
Not. 23 43.40%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Electron microscope analysis of steel spheres from WTC site

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that this thread is meant to point out the futility of arguing with someone about anything after they've rejected the key evidence. Well done.

Person A: Gravity exits.

Person B: Not everywhere.

Person A: What?

Person B: Not on Pluto.

Person A: What the hell are you talking about?

Person B: Have you ever been to Pluto? I didn't think so! We have no idea if there's gravity there or not.

Person A: Well, it still orbits the sun.

Person B: You haven't even seen Pluto.

Person A: Well, it's pretty obvious that we have gravity here.

Person B: Who cares if we experience some local phenomenon? They don't have it in Antarctica.

Person A: You gotta be [censored] me.

Person B: How else do you explain penguins?

Person A: What the hell do they have to do with gravity?

Person B: That's exactly the question that I'm raising with the Pluto example!

Person A: So you're trying to use penguins as another Pluto. I've seen penguins, and they obey gravity.

Person B: Please provide me with a mechanism for showing why a penguin that you've seen has anything to do with a penguin in Antarctica.

Person A: Ok. Now you're just being retarded. Why are you so smug?

Person B: Why shouldn't I be? You're the one who can't back up your unscientific beliefs.

[/ QUOTE ]

so what you are saying is penguins are to blame for gravity? Or that pluto caused 9/11?
Old 05-23-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Notice that I am calling for a sequential mechanism.

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly do you mean by that?

After the initial floor collapses, the next floor underneath is hit by many times the weight of what it previously supported. It gives way and drops to the next with even more weight and momentum. So the floors rapidly collapse in sequence. This was explained in detail by the link I provided you sometime back featuring the guy from Lawrence Livermore labs. The analyst indicated the collapse would be so quick as to approach the speed of freefall. Films clearly show the floors collapsing in sequence as the collapse front drives downward. There is no universal, instant collapse as expected with planned demolitions.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:02 PM

There are many pictures of tall vertical steel columns still standing for many seconds after the collapse. Try explaining those without using a sequential collapse - you can't. A planned demolition would have brought them all down together, floors pancaking leave behind the vertical steel.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are many pictures of tall vertical steel columns still standing for many seconds after the collapse. Try explaining those without using a sequential collapse - you can't. A planned demolition would have brought them all down together, floors pancaking leave behind the vertical steel.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why they only blew CERTAIN columns. They wanted us to think that it was a sequential collapse.

Come on, man. This is Conspiracy 101.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:32 PM

Nielso, notice something important about this photo you provided.

As I understand you, the arrow points to a puff caused by an explosion that helped bring the tower down. But if you watch the film of it, there is NO COLLAPSE at the point where you see the puff. The "explosion" point does not join in the collapse until the pancaking front reaches that point.

Further, if we see that one "detonation," why don't we see similar puffs all the way down the structure? The standard explanation -- that the puff was caused by thousands of tons of material forcing air down through stairwells and elevator shafts -- is entirely credible to me.

And why are we seeing an explosion at all if it was done with thermite? And how could thermite, which is a slow burn, not an explosion, be minutely timed on all the floors, as conspiracy theories demand?
Old 05-23-2007, 02:47 PM

My apologies if this has been mentioned already, but:
[ QUOTE ]
Jones clearly documents the fact that liquid aluminum is silver and not orange

[/ QUOTE ]
black body radiation FTW

Can you afford to take someone who makes such patently idiotic statements about seriously about anything?
Old 05-23-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why they only blew CERTAIN columns. They wanted us to think that it was a sequential collapse.

Come on, man. This is Conspiracy 101.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. It's sort of like how all those dinosaur bones were buried by God and He made the universe APPEAR to be 13.2 billion years old to test our faith. Gotcha ya! I won't be fooled again.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:18 PM

Why would someone want to fly a plane into a building AND blow it up with explosives? It seems like one or the other would accomplish the same task.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:38 PM

You've obviously never had a tragic belt snap incident saved at the last moment by your pair of suspenders have you?
Old 05-23-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would someone want to fly a plane into a building AND blow it up with explosives? It seems like one or the other would accomplish the same task.

[/ QUOTE ]

The conspiracy nuts refuse to believe that flying a fully-fueled jet arliner into a building would be sufficient to cause it to collapse. Supposedly, the jets crashing into the building were to distract us from the *real* cause of the collapse.