Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Re: $235 6-man [censored] me with a chainsaw

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Offhand it's probably a call but I dunno payout structure and crap. JJ performs extremely well against any 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do at least know that only top 2 get paid and this is the bubble?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I do know. I'm not super experienced at the 6man I just figured the math would probably make it a call if the guy is pushing any 2. Depends what we think of them etc etc. I'm sure its a fold against some opps, but a call against good opps.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:14 PM

The only thing this hand is about is whether we give credit to a villain who "has been pretty active since he had a stack" for shoving ATC. The other poster's stuff about waiting is all well and good, but simply doesn't apply to this hand in a matter that outweighs other factors.

Most people who are playing these things don't differentiate between shoving 32o and 75s and 94o, heck even 87s and J3o or whatever. So IMO if I think villain is folding 32o here, then he is more than likely folding those other hands as well, and a call is no good.

Instacall if this player is a good regular. Or has shown some more evidence of knowing how to exploit a bubble.

[ QUOTE ]
75% is +.02. And if you knew you had that edge, would you call? I wouldn't. Not with shorty in his situation and will have half his stack in next hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much of an edge do you need to call here? I think your current/future edge is much better if you fold here.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

a) if he's smart enough to know he is +$EV to be pushing any two, he's usually also smart enough to see an obvious bubble-crushing situation and thus fold the bottom end of his range to preserve the massively +$EV opportunities in later hands ...

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread should be added to an anthology post list thing, it amazes me how fast the bandwagon can fill up before someone points out that there are no wheels on the cart.

I've really started to wonder if folks are hitting reply to quickly or they are just playing some sort of meta game thang...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's only relevant to very specific situations at the higher buy-ins. Try this in a $22 SNG and you're just wasting money. It's basically a "metagame" play, and those don't work against opponents who aren't thinking anyway. That being said, I don't see why it's so hard to imagine edges in the 0.5-1.0% range being created from blinds that are 4.2% and 8.3% of the prize pool in the 100/200/25 and 200/400/50 levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shorty isnt living long enough with the same stack to create ANY bigger edges, I know the concept you're pointing out but in this situation it just does not apply, this is very likely the last chance to exploit 2nd stack this much so you really have to push NE2. And Im not familiar with 6 man sngs that much but just thinking about it for a second you're going to utilize that concept a lot more in full table sngs than the 6 max ones.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:10 PM

Wow I go off on a bender and come back to see this has turned into quite a thread. I called here and he had KQ which shows nothing of course. I kinda doubt he was on > 75%. But I bet it was very close.

Ok back to my crippling chemical-induced depression now...
Old 11-06-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow I go off on a bender and come back to see this has turned into quite a thread. I called here and he had KQ which shows nothing of course. I kinda doubt he was on > 75%. But I bet it was very close.

Ok back to my crippling chemical-induced depression now...

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-06-2007, 09:01 PM

I'd kind of like to think that I can have a few beers every now and then on a Sunday w/o getting carried away. Apparently no guarantees of that. The whole thing was so stupid and pointless.