Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 03:52 AM

Default $225 flopped FH vs. dario

I really feel like maximizing value on my monsters is something I could work on.

I don't have the HH at the moment. But it's pretty simple. Lvl 1 - Dario makes it 60 from LP, I call with 33 in the SB, no other callers. Flop comes KK3 rainbow. I insta-check out of excitement/spazzout, then regret it. Dario bets 120.

Obviously if he has a K the hand plays itself. So how to get the most value? Lead? Call here? Minraise, make it 350, shove? If he doesn't have a K, he's going to put me on one if I show any strength. Being OOP blows for the rest of the hand. Even if he catches up he's still going to be leary. If he does have a K, I don't necessarily need to be in a huge hurry to get the money in.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:58 AM

Default Re: $225 flopped FH vs. dario

Dude, why would you lead here? If he doesn't have a K you are getting one bet most of the time, so there's no rush. If he has a K you are getting the money in so there's no rush. The swing hands are where you can get two bets out of various hands by showing weakness. I'd slow play this every time on the flop.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:02 AM

How familiar is he with you? I like a lead, lets him put more money in drawing really thin, c/r is eww, as played Id c/c but checking then continuing on this board looks strong either way esp coming from you. I guess after a check calling and then donking turn is best? I think lead is vastly superior though, if he raises call then check shove turn, I believe dario is gonna be aggro enough here that some FPS gets extra value here.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:32 AM

I like a min raise here, he will almost always call it with hands like QQ, JJ and you make the pot big enough to lead turn with 400.

I don't really think you will extract much value if he doesn't have a K though.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:04 AM

i'd check flop for sure. his openeing range from LP could include a lot of hands that will fold to a flop lead. so best to check flop and at leat pickup his c-bet.

i'd probably check turn and bet half pot on river.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:48 AM

I like a lead. I think Dario will float/bluff raise this flop a lot.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:07 AM

Yeah I think leading is the only real way to get money in the pot/get him in trouble unless he has a K. Any other call, raise, minraise by me really looks like I have a K.

Once I checked, I hate flatcalling there because then he probably checks behind on the turn and we get a tiny pot to the river. Or if I lead, that just screams K.

I made it 300 over his 120, trying to look like a stab but not quite a minraise. He thought for a while and folded. I figured with his image maybe he'd think I was playing back. Oh yeah, he resteals on be from the blinds like crazy. Annoying little [censored]. I'd call him with my A7, except I know there's about a .2% chance it holds up against his T8s.

I have no idea what he thinks of me except we were on a few tables together and have played a few times over the years. So he probably thinks I'm a standard multi-tabler nit. Anyone know if he uses a HUD?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:25 AM

I don't know what he uses but the stats he has on me must be 30/25/6 because he's always restealing T8 on me.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:31 AM

He's european. I don't think they need stats to shove.