Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD [OCT]***

youarerite
Old 10-01-2007, 07:12 PM

much better. and i just laugh at that every time i watch it...
Old 10-01-2007, 07:21 PM

rofl
Old 10-01-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last time I boned a chick (a random girl from the club a few weeks ago) I lasted like 7 minutes or something, after a few minutes bj. Is that considered acceptable these days or should I aim to improve?

[/ QUOTE ]

Weak sauce. Aim for at least 15 minutes for round 1.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to New York 1st wk of Nov.

Good restauarnts/bars/clubs/activities?

Alrdy got tickets for a knicks game.

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything in the Soho area is pretty damn fun.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Last time I boned a chick (a random girl from the club a few weeks ago) I lasted like 7 minutes or something, after a few minutes bj. Is that considered acceptable these days or should I aim to improve?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 10-01-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to New York 1st wk of Nov.

Good restauarnts/bars/clubs/activities?

Alrdy got tickets for a knicks game.

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything in the Soho area is pretty damn fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if you're into this, but def. see a broadway show if you have a chance.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, your old so I assume keeping it up is a big enough challenge in itself.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:38 PM

Ok I need advice on what to do with my friend. This will be long. This will be emo.

He is pretty much the reason I started playing online poker. He showed me 2+2 and the books and all that. He taught me how to play limit back a long time ago, and helped make me a winner at 15/30. We got into the affiliate business together, him doing most of the work and me just reaping the benefits because he was my subaffiliate. If you don't know how it works, just know that he made me about $10k without me really doing anything. We used to regularly have one of us owing the other thousands of dollars due to the rakeback business and there was never a problem. By the summer of 2006 he was playing 100/200 limit on party and doing very well. In the summer I moved out to Vegas and didn't talk to him much, and then in the fall after UIGEA we both were like "ya this sucks, I dont know what we're going to do." He wasn't sure what he was going to do but I decided I was going to quit poker and go to lawschool (lol now I'm a pro again).

About 9 months ago he started acting funny and we kinda drifted apart, partly because I wasn't playing poker, and I don't konw if he was. Spring quarter he dropped out of school, and started acting really weird according to people who talked to him. His basketball coach and I were talking one day and he told me he was worried about him. I tried calling him but he never called me back. His roommate kicked him out of his house. He lived down in LA for a while living life in the fast lane (his words recently). He was arrested a few times for essentially acting crazy.

Ultimately he was hospitalized and diagnosed as bipolar. I've since hung out with him a few times. He was normal in the sense that he wasn't acting crazy or anything but he was definately a different person now due to the medication, and he expressed how much he hated being on the meds. As of last month he said that he was going back to school in September to finish up school (I'm not there, I just graduated).

Today I got a text message from him asking me for $100 on fulltilt. Now I knew that he wasn't going to be playing well rolled for the game, but he always understood bankroll management and never played outside his means. Three hours later I got another text asking for another $100, saying that he busted it playing 2/4 limit. Now I really don't want to get into a cycle of me spotting him $100, him either busting it or running it up to a couple grand and me getting my money back. Further complicating things my fulltilt account just got shutdown so to get him money I need to use a 3rd person. I told him I would be willing to work out a stake on stars, and coach NL for free if he wanted, but he said stars doesn't work on a mac (I assume this is true, if not somebody tell me how so I can relay it to him). I have no basis for this whatsoever, but I also worry that, since I haven't actually talked to or seen him in a month,he could be off his meds and in one of those manic states.

So really I'm just looking for advice on what to do with him. I'm thinking I give him a $2k stake, and if he busts it that's fine but he's cutoff after that. I think if he's playing on a stake he would be more apt to play within his means as he wouldn't view it as solely his money. Furthermore it sets it up as more professional than simply loaning money and he pays me back whenever. Losing $2k would suck, but its a good stop loss and I definately want to help pay him back for all that he's helped me. Furthermore he's really a great player, and when playing well and properly rolled I know he could make a killing. If you made it this far, I appreciate it and would appreiciate some advice.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:43 PM

How well off are you? Seems important if you're considering loaning 2k. or staking, whatever.
Closed Thread