Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Gulf Coast Poker Championship (WPT)

[ QUOTE ]

I booked my room a few months ago for this and Donna said for the tournament they were not worrying about play requirements.

[/ QUOTE ]

What rates did you get?
Old 07-17-2007, 03:28 PM

I just booked for Labor Day weekend and I still got:
Fri $90
Sat $90
Sun $70

That's quite a discount...IIRC the regular rate was $299 each night.

And Donna was as nice as could be and has the cutest southern accent (I'm a sucker for girls with a southern accent).
Old 07-17-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Guys,
I will be TD of this event. I hope to see many of you there. we expect 500-800 player fields for the prelims, and around 300+ for the main event ( depending on participation in the WSOP Europe event.) You should come and check it out, as the Beau Rivage is one of the best properties I have ever seen. The tournament will be run the same way they always are when I'm there, so if you know me, you know what you get.

I hope to see you there,
Johnny Grooms

[/ QUOTE ]

September is filled with action/choices, but I must say that I'm almost more inclined to go to Biloxi, MS (somewhere I have little interest in visiting) and play an event that you're running at an MGM property than fly out to London (a city I'm DYING to visit) and play what could be a total mess of a tournament (WSOP Europe).
Old 07-17-2007, 04:17 PM

Just got my room booked with Donna(very cute southern accent indeed!). Rates are insanely low for players. She did comfirm it's $70 Sunday - Thursday and $90 Friday and Saturday.

weeee !
Old 07-17-2007, 05:11 PM

I am from Biloxi, if there is any info I can give to make anyone's stay more enjoyable, please let me know.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:55 PM

I'll be there.
Most likely I'll be there from Sunday the 2nd (I might wait until Wednesday to go because the prelim events suck) until I bust out of the ME (this will be my first 10K buyin).

As mentioned earlier, I am a little agitated that the prelim events are all $300 and $500. I wish they had a $2500 or $1500 prelim event or at least a $1000 one.

As others have said, the Beau is a clone of the Bellagio. The rooms are exactly the same. It is by far the nicest place in Biloxi and the only one I would consider staying at.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:52 PM

southga...just wondering why you say the prelim events suck? Is that because of the lower buy ins? or is it the structure, etc.? I'm thinking about going only for the preliminary events as the events for the main event conflict with some other plans I have already made.

Another question I have is this. I'm reading the fine print at the bottom of the schedule of events, and it states that $10,000 will be witheld from each event except the main event, and that the winner of each event prior to the main event will get a seat in the main event. Wouldn't that be the purpose of the satellites? Why would you withold $10K from each each event? Also, if you do happen to win first, could you just take the $10K entry money for the main event, or would you have to play in the main event?
Old 07-18-2007, 02:20 PM

It states that those seats are transferable. So no you wouldn't have to play the seat.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:28 PM

They should have at least one non main event with a bigger buyin. A $1500 + $70 would be great.

Has anyone seen the strucutres for any of these events?
Old 07-18-2007, 02:31 PM

Not yet. I was kinda hoping Johnny would come back by with a little more info.