Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 02:21 AM

Default random shennanigans

5-10. Villan is unremarkable, effective stacks 1k. Im new to the table. Villan raises to 35, I call on button with 87 spades, sb calls. Bout 100 in pot.

Flop comes 2s 3d 4s giving me the flush draw. Check, 70, I make it 225, sb folds, villan calls. Turn is the 2d. He checks, I check. River is the Qc, he bets 150, I shove.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:24 AM

Default Re: random shennanigans

ahnuld I like you, I don't know why, but I like you.

btw gambooooooooool.

(PS. nh)
Old 06-14-2007, 01:31 PM

bump
Old 06-14-2007, 01:35 PM

So you are representing a full house, would you check the turn with that? I doubt it, this is too transparent and he is calling with AQ and up at least. I guess he folds 99-JJ, but is he really making that blockbet on the river with these? It kind of looks like he wants to get raised.

Meh I muck it.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:38 PM

You are representing one thing, and one thing only, a full house (made on the turn). Nothing else would play like that. Unfortunately, all the draws busted and I have a feeling most villains are going to believe you have a busted draw way more often than a full house that wanted to get tricky on the turn.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:39 PM

not a huge fan of raising the flop if you raise c-bets with any frequency. and i dont like your river shove. you're representing a very narrow range of hands (44, 33, 22, Qxss), and you're trying to push him off an overpair after the deuce paired and the river bricked off. pretty much the perfect board/situation for a flopped overpair
Old 06-14-2007, 01:42 PM

Without any reads whatsoever, his hand looks like 55, 66, or a KQss type hand and yours looks a lot like a boat so I like it. Unfortunately, if this was a blocking bet, it probably turns into the "he knows this is a weak bet so now I gotta call" bet.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:44 PM

I dont think Ahnuld needs to be rep'n a boat for this to work. I think rep'n a Q here gets the desired result. Obviously he felt that river bet stank of weakness and thought he could steal this pot.

Now we just have to wonder if we can garner credit for having a Q at this point in the hand. Not that this play relies on that point but it would help increase your range of hands that beat his making your bluff work that much more often...

Ahnuld,

I'm not a fan of the flop play. Seems that any made hand you are raising with on the flop, you very well might have popped preflop. Not all the time, but from his perspective he can't think you hold a mid/high PP here too often. This might make your hand weighted torwards a drawing hand as such.

Saying all that, his line is weak sauce and shoving this river looks good.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not a huge fan of raising the flop if you raise c-bets with any frequency. and i dont like your river shove. you're representing a very narrow range of hands (44, 33, 22, Qxss), and you're trying to push him off an overpair after the deuce paired and the river bricked off. pretty much the perfect board/situation for a flopped overpair

[/ QUOTE ]

i actually didnt notice how small he bet but i still dont like it
Old 06-14-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, if this was a blocking bet, it probably turns into the "he knows this is a weak bet so now I gotta call" bet.

[/ QUOTE ]