Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 10:01 AM

Default Re: johnny hughes answer this

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but you are right he did play great when he had enough to drink to get the nerve to push his money around. there are a few more that fit into that category.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike Lainge? Pretty good tournament player when he's wasted.

I saw him final table a $1,000 (I believe) event at the Orleans one time. When he busted 4th or 5th, he had to have 2 people help him up and take him over to get his money.

Of course Avner Levy was one of those people, probably cause the money to be collected was his!

Some may remember a couple years ago Mike being the chipleader of the WSOP ME after day one. During day two, he got wasted and lost most of his chips in just a few hours. He went all-in and stood up saying he needed running 10's to stay alive......good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I played the 2004 WSOP ME Mike Laing was at a table near mine on Day 2 and my friend was sweating him b/c his table was on the rail. He was talking trash to Robert Varkyoni all day and eventually busted him. Then at some point during the day he tried to reach his wife on the phone and she had become suicidal and told him she was going to kill herself. So he and his backers/caretakers had a floorman bag his chips and they went back to Mike's house to check on her and make sure she was okay. She was, he returned and busted quickly.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:40 AM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.
Default Re: The Real Deal

Copyright was 2004.

People have been using "the real deal" for a very long time. I'm puzzled how you could copyright something that has been in common usage for so long.

I used some very common phrases in this post. I probably violated fifty copyrights in these 4 sentences.

Mason forgive me.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: The Real Deal

I hereby claim 'The Unreal Deal' as one of mytrademarks [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]