Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Your all time favourite WWE/Pro Wrestling moment

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of Austin and Rock. When you guys were watching wrestling back then with all the monday night wars and seeing the rise of Austin and Rock, did any of you get the feeling that you were watching something REALLY special?
I remember watching wrestling back then and thinking to myself, stars like Austin and Rock can only happen once in a century and now we have them both on our TV at the prime of their careers at the same time! I knew what I was watching was something very historic and may never happen again. All the great monday night wars stuff with Nitro and WWE putting out real compelling television. So during that time I had taped every single raw and smackdown for those 3 or 4 years and saved them on CDs. SADLY, when I moved I ended up tossing out all kinds of junk that I'd been saving and among them were these CDs. Now I'm just kicking myself. One day when I'm old and grey I would just love to pull out these tapes again and relive the monday night wars and the rise of Austin and the Rock. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I just don't think we'll ever have a time period or stars like that ever again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, they hit gold with both of them. I looked forward to both the promos and the matches each week back then. I really don't look forward to much of either these days.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:45 PM

I was thinking about this and I may make a thread later, but at the time I was extremely entertained by Rock and Austin pretty much every week and I never really thought about it. Maybe I took it for granted being that nowadays I'm only mildly entertained by the product.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:38 PM

My all-time favorite is Goldberg spearing Hollywood Hogan on Monday Nitro to win the title. That was one of the few moments that have actually ever sent me leaping out of my seat. A few others that standout:

Hogan rescuing Eguene from Dhavari and Hassan at Wrestle Mania

Hogan beating Savage for the title on Monday Nitro the day after Savage won the title at a PPV (Hogan had been out for a few months)

The Rock shaking Hogan's hand, calling him "Brother", and then giving him the Rock Bottom on Raw

Amazing. I've never considered myself a Hogan fan, but the four moments that stand out to me all have him in them.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of Austin and Rock. When you guys were watching wrestling back then with all the monday night wars and seeing the rise of Austin and Rock, did any of you get the feeling that you were watching something REALLY special?
I remember watching wrestling back then and thinking to myself, stars like Austin and Rock can only happen once in a century and now we have them both on our TV at the prime of their careers at the same time! I knew what I was watching was something very historic and may never happen again. All the great monday night wars stuff with Nitro and WWE putting out real compelling television. So during that time I had taped every single raw and smackdown for those 3 or 4 years and saved them on CDs. SADLY, when I moved I ended up tossing out all kinds of junk that I'd been saving and among them were these CDs. Now I'm just kicking myself. One day when I'm old and grey I would just love to pull out these tapes again and relive the monday night wars and the rise of Austin and the Rock. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I just don't think we'll ever have a time period or stars like that ever again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once Ausitn won the King of the Ring and started stunnering everyone, that's when I knew he'd be good. For Rock, I'd say when him and Austin feuded at a bridge was when he took off in my eyes.

It's been long enough for me to forgive him, but damn Austin for "What?" For at least a year after, every inring promo was swamped with the fans going "What?"
Old 02-12-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My all-time favorite is Goldberg spearing Hollywood Hogan on Monday Nitro to win the title. That was one of the few moments that have actually ever sent me leaping out of my seat.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hated WCW but actually watched this match. The atmosphere was amazing and the match was decent as well.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It's been long enough for me to forgive him, but damn Austin for "What?" For at least a year after, every inring promo was swamped with the fans going "What?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's just me but it actually was pretty funny for a while but then it got stupid and out of hand. There was one show where the fans yelling "what?" everytime there was a pause in the national anthem.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:45 AM

My favorite is still the WCW cruiserweight battle royale, winner fights Jericho, the scarecrow dude wins and rips off his costume to reveal Malenko, who pounds Jericho a new one.

jeaaaaa
Old 02-13-2007, 02:29 AM

Mr Orange, I agree with the first sentence completly. It was funny when Austin did it, or a few times w/o him. Besides that though, ugh.

Speaking of what?

Crowd:WHAT?
Undertaker:If you sleep with your sister, say what.
CROWD:Wha...

Another great Jericho moment was before that battle royale (or a battle royale) was when he announced who was in the BR.

"And next is Silver King, 5 more wins and he'll be Golden King."
Old 02-13-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My favorite is still the WCW cruiserweight battle royale, winner fights Jericho, the scarecrow dude wins and rips off his costume to reveal Malenko, who pounds Jericho a new one.

jeaaaaa

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted this in another thread but idk if you saw it. This is on WWE 24/7 online. Pay $3.99 for a month and you can watch it.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:57 PM

One of the first that came to mind was Ted DiBiase kicking the basketball away from the kid.