Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 03:22 AM

Default Re: ***Official 07-08 Toronto Maple Leafs Thread***

Rumour has it that ATL wants Kaberle and is about to part with Hossa, who hates it in ATL.

Hmmmmmm....giving up our best D-man on a crappy D-corps + other pieces for a 100pt franchise player entering his prime.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rumour has it that ATL wants Kaberle and is about to part with Hossa, who hates it in ATL.

Hmmmmmm....giving up our best D-man on a crappy D-corps + other pieces for a 100pt franchise player entering his prime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you here this?
Old 11-05-2007, 03:26 AM

hossa isn't signed through next year. kaberle is on a long-term deal (with a no-trade afaik).

wouldn't be surprised if this comes to nothing.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you here this?

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my friends who is a die hard Leafs fan told me. Obv not a credible source, but I did start off with "rumour has it".

He said it would probably be a multiplayer deal revolving around Hossa, Kaberle and Raycroft.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hossa isn't signed through next year. kaberle is on a long-term deal (with a no-trade afaik).

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but even if he was a rental and it did happen, getting his and Sundin's contracts off the books would be sweeeeeeeeeet.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would make this deal. It would hurt to lose Kaberle, but damn, Hossa is good.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but even if he was a rental and it did happen, getting his and Sundin's contracts off the books would be sweeeeeeeeeet.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, no.

next year's free agent market sucks and will get worse as the season goes on. heatley's already off the market. hossa will be the biggest name.

kaberle is a top 10 D in the NHL - more valuable than marian hossa, who will be overpriced without a doubt. if heatley got 7, he will want 8 to 8.5.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, no.

next year's free agent market sucks and will get worse as the season goes on. heatley's already off the market. hossa will be the biggest name.

kaberle is a top 10 D in the NHL - more valuable than marian hossa, who will be overpriced without a doubt. if heatley got 7, he will want 8 to 8.5.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would hate giving up Kaberle too, I'm just excited by possible cap space and a much needed overhaul.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would only consider Kaberle to be a top 10 dman if you include how much of a bargain his contract is (only 4 mill a year).

The leafs roster is such a mangled mess. They keep getting stuck with players that are too old, but still get paid a lot. I mean, I think Blakes a v. good player and 4mill/yr isn't that bad, but 5 years? he's not going to age like sundin. he's too small. he's gonna lose a step and belong on the 3rd line for the last 2 yrs of that contract. Mccabe and Kubina are bad. I doubt they can unload either of them, which means the leafs D is gonna suck for a while. They also do boneheaded things like resign "fan favorite" darcy tucker.

On the bright side, the leafs do have some young players who are stepping it up. I think ponikarovsky is underrated, antropov out of nowhere has been playing like a young eric lindros, wellwood is good (too pass happy but good), and stajan and steen are solid players.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:19 AM

I stand to make $300 ($50*4 and $100*1) off optimistic Leafs fans. These 5 of my friends all thought they'd be better than the Flyers. No dice!

I can smell the green already.