Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: This kinda pissed me off

Are you serious? They run a business. They buy video games from you for $20 and resell them for $55. What is upsetting to you about this? If you think this is so outragous, why don't you start your own business where you buy video games from kids for $50 and resell them for $55? No flaw in that plan, right?
Old 11-02-2007, 02:29 PM

What mookboi said. As soon as you said you had it for "a few days" I knew you were effed. That policy is in place to prevent them from losing money to geeks like the one he mentioned, and I'm perfectly fine with it as it will hopefully help keep costs down.

Just buy both games. Use the one you're not playing as a coaster for your bong.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:35 PM

Just take it back to them and say it was defective. When they give you a new game DON'T OPEN IT! And take it to another location of theirs or Wal-Mart ect... and get the game you want. Yes this may take a couple of hours, but in the end you get what you want, and they get the shaft!
Old 11-02-2007, 02:36 PM

OP,

I really don't get why you think a store would ever do what you're suggesting (letting you return a game for a small fee). People would abuse a policy like that tremendously.

Also, the 30-day return law is total [censored]. Return policies vary by stores, and states can't govern these policies.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? They run a business. They buy video games from you for $20 and resell them for $55. What is upsetting to you about this? If you think this is so outragous, why don't you start your own business where you buy video games from kids for $50 and resell them for $55? No flaw in that plan, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Logic and reasoning not allowed you stupid Norge!
Old 11-02-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So if I have a problem with their policy I should start my own company or STFU? That sounds completely logical, sir. Do go on.

They have already profited from my initial purchase a few days ago, why do they need to make more money off the same purchase? Also, does making your customers happy not count for anything? If I decide to not buy games at all from them anymore, that's hundreds of dollars a year of my money that is going to a rival business. So even from a pure profit standpoint, it makes sense to do what they can within reason to make me happy so that I continue to give them my business. There are so many game stores around and the only thing seperating any of them is customer service. What I asked for was not crazy or unreasonable at all, anyways.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:58 PM

20 bucks....take it or leave it.

Thanks for your business
Old 11-02-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They have already profited from my initial purchase a few days ago, why do they need to make more money off the same purchase?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not if you return it to them. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

I really don't get why you think a store would ever do what you're suggesting (letting you return a game for a small fee). People would abuse a policy like that tremendously.

Also, the 30-day return law is total [censored]. Return policies vary by stores, and states can't govern these policies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how it would be abused if the policy stated something like "returns must be less than a week old and the game must be in perfect condition. The customer must also pay a $5 fee." How exactly is a policy like that going to be abused?

Edit: Also to add to the above because there seems to be some confusion, you can only return the game in exchange for another game, not for cash.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So if I have a problem with their policy I should start my own company or STFU? That sounds completely logical, sir. Do go on.

They have already profited from my initial purchase a few days ago, why do they need to make more money off the same purchase? Also, does making your customers happy not count for anything? If I decide to not buy games at all from them anymore, that's hundreds of dollars a year of my money that is going to a rival business. So even from a pure profit standpoint, it makes sense to do what they can within reason to make me happy so that I continue to give them my business. There are so many game stores around and the only thing seperating any of them is customer service. What I asked for was not crazy or unreasonable at all, anyways.

[/ QUOTE ] Ok. You're right. I can't tell you what should piss you off. Stop shopping there sounds like a brilliant idea. Good luck finding a store that lets you return opened video games.