Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 04:48 PM

Default 3 Standard Preflop Situations in the Blinds

I am focusing heavily on my preflop play and I am trying to find any leaks. Here are three common situations where I am not exactly sure.

1) Assuming sb is 1/2 bb, you are is small blind and there is a previous single caller and you have junk like 6,2s, 76o, j,3o, etc. What is your minimum calling standard here when you are getting 5-1?

2) You are in small blind and there is a previous single caller and you have a hand like 22-66, A90o, Q,Js, etc. The bb is a fish and is going to call a raise a huge percentage of the time. Do you just call with these hands knowing you are very likely going to be seeing the flop 3 handed out of position?

3) What are your minimum odds for calling anything in the BB when you have very little or nothing and there is multiway action - 6-1, 7-1, etc?
Old 10-23-2007, 04:55 PM

Default Re: 3 Standard Preflop Situations in the Blinds

1) This cant be answered without knowing BB. It depends. If BB is loose and bad I will complete a lot. Any2 suited all Ax and Kx. Prolly dump Q2o, Q3o. If BB is good or aggro I will tighten up significantly. 72s is going in the muck and so is most Kxo hands like K4o.

I am never folding hand like 84s or 76o tho.

2) With a loose passive BB I will just call 22-66, A2o-A8o. QJs is a raise so is Q9s. KJo is close. KTo is a call.

3) Getting 7:1 I am not folding a lot. Any2 suited is called and so is any hand with straight potential. I am mucking most Axo and Kxo hands tho - depending on where the raise is from.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) This cant be answered without knowing BB. It depends. If BB is loose and bad I will complete a lot. Any2 suited all Ax and Kx. Prolly dump Q2o, Q3o. If BB is good or aggro I will tighten up significantly. 72s is going in the muck and so is most Kxo hands like K4o.

I am never folding hand like 84s or 76o tho.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am pretty close. However, I usually muck the lower end of 2-suited like 6,2s and don't really give any consideration to the BB's play. I am also going to call Q,4o+ and K,4o+.

[ QUOTE ]
3) Getting 7:1 I am not folding a lot. Any2 suited is called and so is any hand with straight potential. I am mucking most Axo and Kxo hands tho - depending on where the raise is from.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't remember, but I thought I read stox somewhere that said it was a mistake to fold any 2 when you are getting big implied odds. I just don't remember where the odds line was.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:02 AM

I'm tighter than Oink in situation 1, mostly with weak offsuit Kx and Qx hands.

2 and 3 I play pretty close.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I can't remember, but I thought I read stox somewhere that said it was a mistake to fold any 2 when you are getting big implied odds. I just don't remember where the odds line was.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is 13.5 to 1 with 74o for stox p.88.

[ QUOTE ]

2) With a loose passive BB I will just call 22-66, A2o-A8o. QJs is a raise so is Q9s. KJo is close. KTo is a call.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why you think Q9s is better than KJo. Q9s has better implied odds, but KJo has a slightly better equity imo.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:36 AM

it's not all about hot/cold equity baby!
Old 10-24-2007, 06:50 AM

Ok but between two hands which are close to a raise, it looks better for me to raise pf a hand with poor implied odds.

edit:Maybe the difference of equity between KJo and Q9s is just the fact we can win with k high.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:06 AM

Frenchy

I dont mind if you raise KJo and complete Q9s. Both of them are close with a loose BB.

If the BB is tight they are both no brainer raises IMO