Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Re: let draws see turn cheap for better fold equity?

think about what you are saying-- why would you want fold equity when you have top two. if you have fe you can't make money. this is just scared poker; bet here for value just as much for protection; sometimes people hit draws, it's part of the game.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:12 AM

I have done this in multi-way pots(5-6people) at 1-2 live. Basically at 1-2 live people love draws and their there to gamble or go home. I have check-called with two pair with a flush draw on board. If the flush misses on the turn then I will make a large lead out bet, because most people shrivel up with just one card to go. Also, if the flush comes you can reevaluate depending on the player and check call turn. Sometimes this works to your advantage, because a player will try to rep the flush. They will usually check the river with an inferior hand so now you may have made a little more money at their failed bluff attempt. If they fire the turn and someone else calls or the fire turn and river, your most likely beat and may have lost the minimum.

In heads up pots or pots with just 3 people total I think making a large bet or raise on the flop is the best option. Also if you are short stacked get it in and cross your fingers.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:18 PM

If you're going to do this still give you opponent bad odds to see the turn. Bet 1/2 the pot, push turn if a blank hits (assuming you're not that deep).
Old 10-11-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he will call a large bet here. but then he has pot odds to call all in on turn

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good for you; if his stack is such that he is obliged to put the rest of his chips in on the turn, then he is effectively going all in now (on the flop). You should be glad about this, as you have a big equity edge.