Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Ask me about financial success to spending 2 years state prison

What kind of financial penalty did you have to pay, did you pay a big fine or lose some of whatever assets you had accumulated?
Old 11-24-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a friend who works for a stock promoter. The business works as follows: Other companies pay my friend's company *in stock* to promote their stock to brokers (pump). Then my friend's company sells off it's shares of the company that it represents, driving stock-price into the dirt (dump).

So my friend has been working at this place for about a year and has never seen a single company that his firm represents actually increase stock value for more than a few days. So he is thinking of selling short every stock that goes through his company. Do you think he'd end up in your kind of situation if he did this and is it only a matter of time before the CEO of this stock promotion company ends up in jail?

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like insider trading to me (which is what many ppl go to prison for)
Old 11-24-2007, 04:17 PM

can you tell us the name of the firm. I'd be curious since i work in the same industry as you.
or maybe at least what years the investigations/trial took place from?
Old 11-24-2007, 04:19 PM

Jack,

I assume your friend does not work for a brokerage firm. You are allowed to promote stocks, get the word out, go into brokerage firms and tell them it is the best thing since sliced bread. But you cant give brokers money to recommend them to their clients.

Owsley,
No fine whatsoever. The Da knew of all of my assests were more interested in getting the headlines.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can you tell us the name of the firm. I'd be curious since i work in the same industry as you.
or maybe at least what years the investigations/trial took place from?

[/ QUOTE ]

I worked at this firm in the mid 90's. I wont give the name, but it wasnt a "boiler room" type cpmpany. Not a Duke or AR barron.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:22 PM

So I get called for a random drug test. I was taken into the screening room with another guy who I did not know. While waiting to give a urine, the other guy starts staring atme. No to show weakness I do not look away. He then starts saying,"I know what you did, I know what You did,,I KNOW WHAT YOU DID!"

Huh, I say it my best thug voice, "I dont who you are and I have no idea what you are talking about". He continues with "I know,,I am going to get you . You can run but cant hide. I will see you in the yard tomorrow morning"

Now I start to to scared (but not showing it I think) and say again in my thug voice," You got something to say, say it."He said,"I will see you in the yard" Great...

I get back to my housing (have been there 6 months already so I am understanding the ropes. I tell a few people what happened. They ask who it was and I describe him, one guy says, "Thats Chote, he's a Blood". Just getting better.

I ask what was I supposed to do, one person said he was just trying to feel me out. Another said that it is not worth the risk and I should tell the sergeant about it. A third said I should get a knife,,,,WTF!!! Snitch or get a knife, some choice. Let me say my heart is till pumping a mile/minute.

I speak to Taheen my bunkie and tell him. Taheen said he would talk to Chote as set everything str8. I was somewhat relieved but still did not sleep.

Next day after breakfast before the yard I see Taheen and asked if he spoke to him. He said he didnt get a chance but will that afternoon. WHAT!!!!

So now I have the choice of not going to the yard and appearing weak and guilty, or confront it. So out of stupidity I go to the yard myself.

The yard is the size of to football fields and is generally not crowded. Once you go in you cnat comeout until count, 2 hrs. So I start walking the perimeter looking for choat dont see him, and was starting to feel relieved. After an hour and a half I believed he was bluffing and wont show. I start walking with 2 other acquaintances. With 15 min. left I see Chote out of the corner of my eye walking towards me.

My heart starts blasting as the adrenaline starts pumping. What option do I have. Im like,f it, I am goignt for the throat. We make eye contact, he sees my chest going up and down, I so much wanted to look like a hungry lion than a scared rabbit. Don't know what he perceived.BUt says,"Come here a second". I hesitate.He says,"Dont worry nothing is going to go down".

I go. He tells me, "dont worry about yesterday sometimes the cops bring down the guy who says something with ya so it looks like he is in trouble as well. We cool." Then we bang fist and I go on my way. I slept like a baby that night.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:35 PM

Not to rain on the pity party, but this "The DA charged me with 18 charges so I was going to get convicted on something" nonsense is absurd. You broke the law. You knew you broke the law. Pleading out turned out to be a good move, so I don't know what people telling OP to get a better lawyer want.

Muresan, you're a goddamn moron. Yes, jury nullification was definitely created to protect the rights of rich people who have top white collar defense attorneys. If there's one demographic that gets [censored] over time and time again, it's white Jews from New York with enough assets to "eek a a living out of trading my own account" and enough political traction to get moved to a better jail.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:47 PM

Fly is one angry dude lately. I'd hate to run into him in the yard IMO.

OP, good thread, thanks for sharing.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:59 PM

What is the group dynamic in jail. Did you associate with all kinds of different groups or hang out mostly with the white guys?
Old 11-24-2007, 05:06 PM

How's the food?

Anything you learn on the inside that is helpful on the outside?

Craziest, scariest or must f- up thing you saw inside?