Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: My Sharkscope stats are off by:
Results, please 5 8.20%
0 % 35 57.38%
1-3 % 13 21.31%
4-6 % 2 3.28%
> 6 % 6 9.84%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Re: We haven\'t won yet: latest (10/19) cliff\'s notes on AP scandal

About that Absolute Ad banner, pokerpages may be telling the truth. 2+2 had a couple ads that said Absolute Poker, but actually belonged to affiliates.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't AP's party line that Scott Tom doesn't work there anymore? It would be pretty silly to have him posing for photos with a shill if that was the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, because Scott Tom and his frat turds really have great foresight and would be worried about posing in a picture...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they've displayed such unbelievable incompetence before that nothing would surprise me.

However, if they have claimed that Scott Tom was no longer involved in AP and that pic is him, then hey, I think they might have been lying.

If that picture isn't him, but I am right that the question still remains of whether Scott Tom was involved with Absolute at the time of the cheating {am I?), I think determining that is pretty crucial to uncovering exactly how corrupt AP is at the higher levels, and what amount of trust we might be willing to put in AP in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I recall, I think gambling911 posted and said that their visit was a long time ago.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.pocketfives.com/8B110B92-...0D2DBED5C.aspx
<Absolute Poker knew of the breach in July my friends - proof, and a sad post i have to make
by Paul Buchsbaum on 10/20/2007 11:28 >

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't mean much.

[/ QUOTE ]

unlikely to be related to the scandal, but demonstrative of general dodginess/inadequacy imo
Old 10-20-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<Absolute Poker knew of the breach in July my friends - proof, and a sad post i have to make

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't mean much.

[/ QUOTE ]

It could, but including 'proof' in the subject line is super misleading.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't mean much.

[/ QUOTE ]

unlikely to be related to the scandal, but demonstrative of general dodginess/inadequacy imo

[/ QUOTE ]

It is another data point though. I remember that happening (I used to participate in the AP forums before getting nuked by AP Support there). Buchsbaumy does tend to be hot headed and inarticulate, but he head and heart always seem to be in the right place. Any audit should look at this incident and determine one way or the other if the hack was an inside job. It doesn't seem to fit the modus operandi of the other suspect accounts though.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:01 PM

this is far from damning, but it certainly makes ap's actions look more suspicious
Old 10-20-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't AP's party line that Scott Tom doesn't work there anymore? It would be pretty silly to have him posing for photos with a shill if that was the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, because Scott Tom and his frat turds really have great foresight and would be worried about posing in a picture...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they've displayed such unbelievable incompetence before that nothing would surprise me.

However, if they have claimed that Scott Tom was no longer involved in AP and that pic is him, then hey, I think they might have been lying.

If that picture isn't him, but I am right that the question still remains of whether Scott Tom was involved with Absolute at the time of the cheating {am I?), I think determining that is pretty crucial to uncovering exactly how corrupt AP is at the higher levels, and what amount of trust we might be willing to put in AP in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I recall, I think gambling911 posted and said that their visit was a long time ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense, I misunderstood the context of the photos.

I'm sorry to bang on about this, but is it possible to get a yes/no on whether we know if Scott Tom was officially involved with AP while all this was going dow?
Old 10-20-2007, 01:02 PM

Has anyone been in contact with nine,com in an effort to get a statement from them in regards to AJ Green?

One would think they're in damage control mode at this point. It would be interesting to know whether they've cut him loose already or are waiting for more "stuff" to come out.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense, I misunderstood the context of the photos.

I'm sorry to bang on about this, but is it possible to get a yes/no on whether we know if Scott Tom was officially involved with AP while all this was going dow?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolute says he has not been with them in over a year.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About that Absolute Ad banner, pokerpages may be telling the truth. 2+2 had a couple ads that said Absolute Poker, but actually belonged to affiliates.

[/ QUOTE ]
True. This could have been determined by copying the URL of the ad (would have included a referrer querystring), but I think it's down now, so probably too late.
Closed Thread