Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2007, 02:17 AM

Default I have an idea, but where do I start?

I am a college student and have no business background other than the fact that I am majoring in business. I have played poker for the past year but am kind of getting bored with it and doubt with the way things are going currently in the online world that it has a promising future. Games are tougher, less sites, etc etc.

Anyway, I made about 24k playing this past year, after starting last February with $200 to my name. Not great with the way some people make money in the game, but respectable, I guess. So, now I want to turn my focus on some sort of an online business website.

My idea was a clothing website, starting off small getting things going in and around my college town. An emphasis on urban clothing (ecko, jordan, sean john, whatever), would be ideal for me, but it doesn't have to be that. I think if I like put up signs in and around my campus, town, advertising discounts and things that I could get it going real slowly, and then eventually expand.

I have the idea, a little bit of money to throw around, and the passion to work hard at it, but there are a lot of "fundamentals", I guess you could say, in regard to business that I lack, and would need help with. Things like how and where to buy the clothes in bulk for cheap, any kind of legal issues I would need to take care of prior, taking advantage of advertising opportunities on my website, and even tips on designing the website, etc. If someone could PM me or respond on here with some insight and advice, I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT.
Thanks in advance,

G