Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: USC 7-1
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 1 2.70%
4 2 5.41%
5 1 2.70%
6 5 13.51%
7 9 24.32%
8 6 16.22%
9 6 16.22%
10 7 18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 03:58 AM

Default Re: AP, rigged, etc. #8981.4 - the plot thickens

[ QUOTE ]
Those arguing against a superuser existing still can't explain why account #363 was necessary to observe POTRIPPER's table, and why POTRIPPER folded his first two hands prior to 363 showing up.

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably got dealt KQ twice.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:00 AM

Default Re: AP, rigged, etc. #8981.4 - there was no superuser account

[ QUOTE ]
If the choice is between "hack" and "superuser"... superuser clearly is more accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree that the conclusion flows from the premise. Disagree with the premise. Those two terms are not the only choices.

[ QUOTE ]
If the public will understand one but not the other... USE THE ONE PEOPLE GENERALLY ACCEPT AROUND HERE.

[/ QUOTE ]
And if the PUBLIC will misunderstand the one people generally accept around here, maybe we need to come up with a better term.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:01 AM

Just FYI, someone actually decompiled the AP client and told me that there was not a mechanism in the client for receiving hole cards. I don't know if he wants me to mention him by name, so I'll err on the safe side and not reveal it.

I am pretty sure that the hole cards were not received by the client. What the de-compilation told me lined up with what my sources told me.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the context of this issue "superuser account" is an ambiguous term with two or more importantly different meanings:

Your example tends to conflate the two.

[/ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one saying, who gives a [censored]? He/they saw hole cards. If AP decides to tell us more, maybe we'll find out how they did it. Probably not.

Sorry, carry on with your semantic debate. It's fascinating, really.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:03 AM

semantics!!!!!!!!!!

Let the Absolute lawyers argue that stuff.

A great way to punish these opponents is to make them hire more attorneys btw.

gg
Old 10-23-2007, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
persay

[/ QUOTE ]

per se?

gg

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, I mean, I actually write it both ways. I know what "per se" means in the legal sense (ie, by statute), but I use persay in a different sense. I don't know how the two line up nor do I really care.

FWIW, I also type out "ain't", "tho", "ok", etc. Lots of things that don't line up with the correct english. I assure you that I know how to type and spell correctly, my parents paid for a very expensive edumacation.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just FYI, someone actually decompiled the AP client and told me that there was not a mechanism in the client for receiving hole cards. I don't know if he wants me to mention him by name, so I'll err on the safe side and not reveal it.

I am pretty sure that the hole cards were not received by the client. What the de-compilation told me lined up with what my sources told me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was looking into this very idea tonight. I just don't have the technical ability to achieve it, but it was certainly something I felt should be done.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was looking into this very idea tonight. I just don't have the technical ability to achieve it, but it was certainly something I felt should be done.

[/ QUOTE ]
I should clarify that I meant receiving other players' hole cards. I guess it was kinda assumed on my part, but wasn't sure if others would question what I was saying.

(Oh, I also say "kinda" instead of "kind of" when I type)
Old 10-23-2007, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just got this email from AP

Absolute Poker regrets to inform you that as a result of a security breach in our system, one player had access to an unfair advantage while playing the following poker tournament: 1871149.

Absolute Poker has reimbursed to your poker account an amount to compensate you for potential losses resulting from this unfortunate incident.

Please be assured that we have corrected the problem that allowed the system to be unfairly manipulated. We remain committed to the highest levels of security, privacy and integrity.

This breach was exploited in several other tournaments and during some ring game play. We are in the process of auditing these records, and will pay for all losses suffered by the affected players in these other games as soon as these amounts are determined.

The unfair player has been deleted from the tournament standings.

Accordingly, the amount that we have refunded to your account includes all of the following:

. The tournament buy-in

. The tournament fee

. Any additional prize amount that you are entitled to as result of moving you up one tournament place if the unfair player finished in a spot higher than you

. Interest on the refund in the amount of 10% per annum.

We thank you for your continued support.

If you have any questions

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically hoping that someone who can see holecards wins a tournament is long term +EV now?
Old 10-23-2007, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
persay

[/ QUOTE ]

per se?

gg

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, I mean, I actually write it both ways. I know what "per se" means in the legal sense (ie, by statute), but I use persay in a different sense. I don't know how the two line up nor do I really care.

FWIW, I also type out "ain't", "tho", "ok", etc. Lots of things that don't line up with the correct english. I assure you that I know how to type and spell correctly, my parents paid for a very expensive edumacation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize. I was being lazy.

Thanks

gg
Closed Thread