Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Devastating hand...Would you make this call???

[ QUOTE ]
and even if he "knows" u got AK, he still getting the right price to call. He's 35% vs. AK and he only got to call about 6.5k to win 13.5k getting better than 2-1.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok this is the whole reason i made this post, was he still able to call even if he knew what I had given the odds. I ran it through the odds calculator and thats exactly what I got to. So thats all I wanted to know, appreciate it.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But too your original post if i have QQ and he has AK then yes i think i am able to get away from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the hand played out exactly the same way but you where the BB do you realize you'd be getting the right price to call and would be making a mistake by folding?
Old 05-10-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably could fold QQ in this spot given the situation. I have about 10K and feel like i have a GREAT handle on the rest of the table. If i had reraised and got flat called and then check raised like what happened. I probably could have gotten away from it and left myself enough chips to do some damage. With that said i probably just flat call with TT or JJ and see what he does on turn cuz like i said he was SCREAMING QQ and then i get away from it on turn if he fires again. I know it is a bad beat post, but it is also somewhat strategy i think becaue he claimed he KNEW what i had and still shoved so i was wondering from math portion if it justified his play.

[/ QUOTE ]

He played even worse than you did but he won. If he 'knew' then he also knew he needed the board to pair which is only going to happen roughly one time in four...(though I have said one in twelve in a different post but that was just a tired miscalculation.)
Old 05-10-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and even if he "knows" u got AK, he still getting the right price to call. He's 35% vs. AK and he only got to call about 6.5k to win 13.5k getting better than 2-1.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok this is the whole reason i made this post, was he still able to call even if he knew what I had given the odds. I ran it through the odds calculator and thats exactly what I got to. So thats all I wanted to know, appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

good..your welcome
Old 05-10-2007, 02:58 AM

OP, this is stupid. Are you actually complaining that he called? He flopped a monster, and worse case scenario is he's got a massive re-draw. Just let this one go... unless you're willing to at least consider what others are suggesting pre-flop.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:07 AM

Why is everyone making this out like I berated him or I am smashing my computer at my terrible luck. I don't post very much and thats why. I wanted to know if his call was justified and thats it. Yes it hurt cuz if I won I would have been in the top 3 in chips.

Yoshi, i have read all their posts and i am open to all suggestions, but do you really think laying AK down is a wise play, when it was only 860 more for me to call and if I whiff flop i get away from it no problem. Just so happened we both flopped monsters, but i will let it go and never again return to 2+2 becase it seems all i am going to get is a bunch of crude your a sore loser remarks.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:13 AM

auburn don't get upset at the replies, people are here helping each other and sometimes it can come of as rude, u just got to deal with.

however sometimes you got to blame yourself for posting something that's very easy to answer yourself if you just think about it for one second.

btw, i think your preflop play is fine, and you know both you and villain played the hand correctly, so this hand really should've been posted in BBV and not here because there wasn't much strategy to discuss about it.

edit: also when you do want to post a hand for discussion, don't include the results because that will almost always deter the discussion in a negative way generally. we don't focus on results here, we focus on decisions.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

After the hand the table chimed in with their "WOW" and "SICK". Then the guy makes a statement i couldn't believe. He said "i KNEW he had AK, but what can I do".
I know what he could do, he can fold if he is certain that i have AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't fold AK here to a RR (4-betting is better than folding vs most online players), unless u have a solid read that MP is uber-tight. Keep flopping the joint and be willing to get your money in when u do. And most importantly, pls don't believe everything that's typed into the chatbox. There's nothing to "wow" over...and it's not "sick" for a 2 to 1 dog to draw out. And LOL at anyone who says they "knew"...

P.S. OP is new (this is a bad-beat post) but give him a break [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2007, 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I probably could fold QQ in this spot given the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - lol.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:13 AM

you played fine, he had outs and hit...

go to the BBV for further advice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]