Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 01:34 AM

Default Re: What would you do if you didn\'t need money?

I'd try to earn more money. I know it sounds silly to some people, but I don't really care about money. I care about the game of acquiring it. That's what's fun to me. That's what I live for.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:59 AM

Reform ideas of the urban lifestyle and promote sustainable lifestyles. This is where I'd make my name in the business world, perhaps still is.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:00 AM

Flynn,

What is your scholastic background?
Old 08-24-2007, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd travel, write, play in a bunch of [censored] bands, and enjoy the hell out of life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the people that do this, and do this well, do so without worrying about money to begin with.

For me personally, I dunno, like others said, travel and such, but that gets old after a while. I mean, you're not going to travel for the next 30 years straight. Maybe a few sweet trips a year, but then you have a bunch of time. And then I'll have a family and won't want to travel as much.

I can think of two things:
Buy a nice place on the coast of RI, probably in Jamestown or something. Open up a diner. I'd work the grill. Up in Maine would be another option, same plan though.

Live in a sweet pad in Boston and be a bike messenger. Wouldn't tell anyone I was rich. Ride my bike all day, play ultimate frisbee/drink beers at night. Sounds pretty sweet.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:41 AM

Travel as much as I could. Probably take 1-2 classes a semester or work on a business plan in an area I truly enjoyed. Learn a lot of new hobbies if I found enough that I liked doing more than productive activities. Never wake up to an alarm clock unless it was for a fun activity.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Re: travel: I think that's way overrated as something to do all the time. I've done a fair bit of traveling, but not nearly enough to say that I've seen the world. However, while I used to fantasize about making a world trip someday, now that I can (or could if I was prepared to abandon my g/f) I just can't see myself enjoying it all that much.

I used to get a thrill out of the exotic and unusual, and almost enjoyed being in a different country just for its own sake. Unfortunately, that feeling has disappeared.

I guess that's the reason people call it 'vacation', or even 'sabbatical', but not 'life'. Most people could easily afford to live their whole lives as backpackers, worry-free and doing the minimum to get by. Hell, go learn to play guitar and sit on some busy square. Reality is, 'seeing the world', like anything, gets old.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you on this. I enjoy traveling, and there are certain places I would like to visit somewhat regularly throughout my life, but home is awesome. I'd rather travel 2-3 weeks per years than 2 months a year.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:10 AM

I would develop a golf course somewhere in Tibet. Buy my own NBA team, preferably the Lakers. Move to a country where polygamy is legal and marry a girl from every ethnicity.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:24 AM

+ get a better house with: a customized gym and a quiet music room.

+ practice the piano, guitar until a virtuoso in both

+ record my music

+ fund a band full of my old buddy musicians

see what happens with the music.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:37 AM

i would get houses in my favorite places

i'd sleep more than 6 hours/night

i'd write a book

other than that things would be similar. i'm really healthy already, i exercise a ton, hang out w/ friends, read and watch movies...pretty entertaining for me.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:23 PM

Also lots of fun but probably unprofitable businesses. Another met-art.com (NSFW). A university bar w/ a goal of being a good fun bar for good people while just shooting to breakeven.