Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Effectiveness of spreading a petition to get Pats v. Giants on TV?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am guessing it will not be available on Fox/ESPN/CBS. My family lives in Wisconsin and they are already complaining about not being able to see the Dallas vs Green Bay game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? From ESPN:
[ QUOTE ]
Fans in each local market will be able to see the game. NFL rules require that games televised on cable must be made available to an over-the-air provider in the home market cities.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3123865

[/ QUOTE ]

That article must not be true. Where is it getting this information? My family still insists it isn't available to them. Many are contacting the cable company to complain. The cable company says there is nothing that can be done.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:51 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

grunching

iirc jurollo lives in boston. this game would be showed OTA in boston. why would he be the one complaining here?
Old 11-23-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am guessing it will not be available on Fox/ESPN/CBS. My family lives in Wisconsin and they are already complaining about not being able to see the Dallas vs Green Bay game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? From ESPN:
[ QUOTE ]
Fans in each local market will be able to see the game. NFL rules require that games televised on cable must be made available to an over-the-air provider in the home market cities.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3123865

[/ QUOTE ]

That article must not be true. Where is it getting this information? My family still insists it isn't available to them. Many are contacting the cable company to complain. The cable company says there is nothing that can be done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just called my brother to get further clarification. Apparently the key word is "local". Most of the regular Green Bay Packer market will not be able to see the game. Only those that live in the cities of Milwaukee or Green Bay will have it on local stations. The rest of the state is out. So, that article makes it sound better than it really is.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:00 PM

Didn't read all the responses but had to say that the NFL Network is awesome... during the season anyway. Love watching unedited press conferences on Sundays and usually watch their highlight shows which are much better imo than the hype machine that espn has become.

It is easily worth the money only for NFL Replay... which is a 90 minute enhanced broadcast w/ press conference and extra angles of the best five games of the week.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only those that live in the cities of Milwaukee or Green Bay will have it on local stations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Madison is such extreme Packer country that it would be a ridiculous crime not to show the game there.
They don't get the same TV stations as GB or MIL.
As was mentioned in a different thread, they are really more like the Wisconsin Packers obviously. Everyone in the state is crazy for that team.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:38 PM

NFL Network pwns imo. I always watch Playbook and Replay - great shows. Pretty much impossible for a show including Deion Sanders to suck tbh.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
grunching

iirc jurollo lives in boston. this game would be showed OTA in boston. why would he be the one complaining here?

[/ QUOTE ]
i didnt even know that this was the case, hence my bitching. wooooooo
Old 11-23-2007, 04:27 PM

The Broncos Thanksgiving (NFL Network) game last year was shown locally in basically all of Colorado, not just Denver.

I can't speak for the southern areas and the far west by Utah.. but the entire Denver Metro, and Fort Collins/Greeley showed the Broncos game.

That being said.. NFL Network still owns and any big NFL fan should have it.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:28 PM

Jerry Jones getting angry fans aren't able to watch their teams with the NFL network, give me a [censored] break. The NFL signed an exclusive contract with Directv which shutout millions of cable subscribers. He is lying through his teeth.

[ QUOTE ]
highlight shows which are much better imo than the hype machine that espn has become.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not kidding...Sportscenter sucks now
Old 11-23-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Broncos Thanksgiving (NFL Network) game last year was shown locally in basically all of Colorado, not just Denver.

I can't speak for the southern areas and the far west by Utah.. but the entire Denver Metro, and Fort Collins/Greeley showed the Broncos game.

That being said.. NFL Network still owns and any big NFL fan should have it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe things are different this year. I saw somewhere that its like a 50 mile radius from the metro areas the teams play will get the game if they don't have NFL network. Last year anyone who had that local station got the game.

I could be wrong but thats what I heard on the radio.