Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 11:28 PM

Default 25NL Flop Set, river bet size question

Only seen 18 hands with villian, 72/0/.6 over that many. His small stack size made me question what bet to make on river, flush draw not calling any bet, not sure how a 9 would, which just leaves him calling with an A. How do you bet this river, make a small couple dollar raise and hope for re-raise, or someone with that vpp just put him all in on river with still less then a pot sized bet?

As for other streets as the preflop raiser the 1.5 bet is pretty much standard for what I would make with a cbet here, had I called pre I would probably bet closer to pot size. Looking back perhaps should have bet 5 on the turn, fold out more flush draws and better set up push on river.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (MP): $38.40
CO: $16
BTN: $25
SB: $18.25
BB: $7.20
UTG: $24.20

Pre-Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, CO calls $0.75, 2 folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.35) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, CO calls $1.50, BB folds

Turn: ($5.35) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, CO calls $4

River: ($13.35) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero ???
Old 11-21-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Re: 25NL Flop Set, river bet size question

I think you played every street well. If he's on a flush draw you're not going to get any more out of him on the river with a bet, and I don't think checking to induce a bluff is going to work often enough to make it worthwhile.

I don't think bet sizing on the river really matters, there's very little in his range that will call a 2/3 or 3/4 pot bet that won't call a push, so I would just push.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:36 PM

Don't over think it just push...
Old 11-21-2007, 11:36 PM

Bet more on the flop. Bet like 1.80 or even more. The turn bet is ok. I would bet like 8 or 9 on the river because he's not going to fold his A if he has one most likely. If you think he has an 9 I'm sure he will call like 5 or 6 bucks on the river. I'm new to cash so I don't know if this is right or wrong.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:59 PM

I am shoving this river. His stack is like 2/3 the size of the pot I think. His stats dont seem to suggest that he is ever going to bluff a whiffed draw so just get it in and hope he has a hand to call it with. Btw, Im making it 2 on the flop, and like 5.25 on the turn. By that point the river is 16.75 and he pretty much has to call with any hand besides a missed draw obviously. In addition to that, youre charging draws more which is always a good thing.