Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 03:15 AM

Default 10/20 -26s - Interesting hand that I botch terribly

Every street debateable.

CO is semi-predictable TAG
Button capper is inconsistant LAG 42/20/1.5.. Probabily just "gambling".. Hes not super agro.

limp re-raiser has 37/18/1.5 stats.. Medicore all around player.. Never seen a LRR from before. Never seen him get out of line. Fairly solid... a tiny bit over agressive with his really good hands (AA went for 4 bets on flop + 2 on turn when he capped PF vs an UTG raiser)

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $10/$20
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (20SB, 5 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (10BB, 5 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, 3 folds.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (16BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to UTG+1.

Results:
Final pot: 18BB

I dont like my choice on most streets. Try not to be results oriented.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:37 AM

Default Re: 10/20 -26s - Interesting hand that I botch terribly

I'd call riv but it is good otherwise imo
Old 10-25-2007, 03:39 AM

i'd consider folding pf (when its two more back to me) tho i'd prob end up calling and maybe its not even close. i would b/3b the turn. obviously handreading suggests that button will bet the turn allowing us to fold out gutshots with a raise, but the possibility to trap multiple ppl drawing to 3-4 outs for 3 bets is appealing.

the river is expert and im still working on forcing myself to make these folds.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:25 AM

I call river too, but it may be a mistake.. I just can't put UTG+1 on a hand that makes much sense. Wouldn't he bet or 3-bet AA, KK and AK on the turn?
Old 10-25-2007, 03:08 PM

utg+1 has diamonds, t9 jt qj qt type stuff. unlikely but also possible is aa/ak/kk. worse hand never.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
utg+1 has diamonds, t9 jt qj qt type stuff. unlikely but also possible is aa/ak/kk. worse hand never.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I thought... Should I have even bet the river?
Old 10-25-2007, 03:22 PM

good question given the turn action. i mean how can he have anything else when he checks flop+turn and then coldcalls two bets? i think it would be an awesome c/f.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:10 PM

I would fold both times preflop, RIO + large bets to overlay = fold. Getting 9:1 in the BB with this type of hand is much worse than getting 9:1 to complete in the SB.

You describe UTG+1 as somewhat overagg, but is he a SD monkey? If I know he's good enough to fold QQ-JJ on the turn, then there is no point to the river bet. He will either have Ax, or a flush on the river. C/c get's the same from both, but bet/fold means his occasional spazz raise, or misclick raise, turns into a substantial mistake for us.

Also, if he is passive enough to check behind AQ/AJ on the river, the bet is mandatory. Fold is ok too I guess, but I probably don't make it. Given his preflop action, he has AQ/AJ like 90% of the time when he CCs the turn.

Edit: 2
When he doesn't have Ax, I actually think a slowplayed set is more common than a FD.

I also think your flop and turn play is standood.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:13 PM

yeah although this hand LOOKS egregious I think it's all ok up to the river, where i'd check call.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold both times preflop, RIO + large bets to overlay = fold. Getting 9:1 in the BB with this type of hand is much worse than getting 9:1 to complete in the SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about making this same point, but I'm kind of on the fence. hard to turn down 9:1 with suited cards, but these are like the worst you can have. I'm just not sure the implied odds are there. vma may have it right when it comes back the second time, as you implied odds have gotten even worse.