Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2007, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Effectiveness of spreading a petition to get Pats v. Giants on TV?

Last week there was a very good (and honest) interview with a big Comcast exec in the Philadelphia area. I think he was some bigwig in a Rendell admin, so the dude was pretty slick...but surprisingly honest.

He made some good points which included:

1. If the NFL had allowed cable to bid on the big NFL package, then things might be different.

2. Comcast includes this on some NFL package that they already offer and most people that would want to see the NFL network already have that package.

3. LAst year there were some similar situations and they really didn't get that many complaints.

4. If you wanted to, you could call up and order the NFL network extra plan for a month or two and then drop it.

5. The NFL charges a crapload for the NFL network and compared to the total Comcast viewer's wants, it doesn't make sense for them to pass on this to all viewers. (Same holds true for BigTen network.) He compared this to something like the Lifetime network that is one of its highest rated networks that charges a lot less, so they include it.

Disclaimer: I hate Comcast and would already have DirectTV except that my apartment doesn't have any part that faces southwest.