Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 12:14 AM

Default where is the fold button?

villain is a really tough tag reg (18/14 over a large sample; probably a big winner and a 2+2er). you guys can pm me if you want to know his name. anyway, he kicks my ass alot, usually by 3betting me pf. he probably views me as a lag that can sometimes be reckless.

flop and turn play. discuss.

fwiw, this guy double barrels alot, so that may make flop play [censored] or something. i think i played this one poorly.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($721.40)
UTG ($238.62)
MP ($727.50)
CO ($699.10)
Button ($603)
Hero ($2015.75)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $21</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero (poster) calls $18, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($48) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $41</font>, Hero calls $41.

Turn: ($130) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $110</font>, Hero ?
Old 08-07-2006, 12:19 AM

Default Re: where is the fold button?

Fold preflop 100% or re raise, calling sucks a whoel lot.

lead or cr the flop, as played raise 300 and fold to a push
Old 08-07-2006, 12:20 AM

i'm pretty sure it's okay to post screennames. it helps especially if they're a regular (2P2er or not.)

seeing as how you think this guy is tough to play against and he is taggish, i think a pf fold is in order.

it depends on how he views you but i think a flop lead would be good. unless he pushes you around postflop a lot i think you could safely fold to a raise but he could still call with weaker hands.

as played turn sucks a lot but i'd probably call? i guess. i don't think a c/r is a good idea but folding seems too weak. if river blanks and he bets big again maybe consider folding.

jkratzer
Old 08-07-2006, 01:05 AM

Location: I wish life wasn\'t about money then I could afford a house, a car and life insurance.

3-bet preflop. Since you didn't, bet out on the flop.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:07 AM

c/r works here, fold to a 3-bet. Call works too, and then I like a river lead. He'll be unlikely to value bet AK after you call down big bets on this board, but he should probably call a bet. Fold to raise there too.

If you check river and he fires big, I agree with the fold. I just dont see him betting 3 big barrels with AK here.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:13 AM

I don't mind c/c turn since you c/c flop, and then c/r river unimproved. It feels weak, but it would take a lot for him to value bet that river with a worse hand, you'd reallly only have a bluff catcher on the end.

P.S. I just found this out a week or so ago, it's on the left, next to the call/check button.

Disclaimer: Knowing where this button is has not in any way, shape, or form improved my results.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:14 AM

I think calling is slightly better than CR here. Although you're probably ahead, we don't want to be playing a huge pot against this guy with bottom two pair. I'd say call and lead 1/2 to 2/3 on the river unless it's A,K,T, or 5. Definitely fold to a raise.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:15 AM

I feel like that block is transparent vs a good player on the river and opens us up to bluffs unless phil will bet 1/2 pot on the river with the nuts, which I highly doubt he will.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop 100% or re raise, calling sucks a whoel lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHY?
[ QUOTE ]

as played turn sucks a lot but i'd probably call? i guess. i don't think a c/r is a good idea but folding seems too weak. if river blanks and he bets big again maybe consider folding.

jkratzer

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this a bad turn card? Were you strictly looking for a Q or a J?

For me I would raise up this flop the majority of the time and shutdown if he either 3 bets me on the flop or checkraises my cbet on the turn. I would bet about 70% of the pot on most safe turns and reevaluate on river depending on what river cards. Most of time a check behind on river would be fine if you are able to reach the river safley.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like that block is transparent vs a good player on the river and opens us up to bluffs unless phil will bet 1/2 pot on the river with the nuts, which I highly doubt he will.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was my biggest concern. ive been thinking about this spot for a while and will post in a bit some more thoughts.