Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2006, 05:30 PM

Default Re: set fold vs josh

[ QUOTE ]
you're deep enough that there is still room to play. this is exactly like a set on a single suited flop. you do not want to play a huge pot on the flop in a limped pot. you want to see the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i ahve a set and he has a straight i'm getting stacked eventually unless maybe a diamond comes. plus i don't think he has a straight that often. he'd limp any 76, but probably not 62s and probably not A5o, so probably less likely than a flopped flush. plus i'm out of position without the initiative, so he can choose what to bet and whether to take a free card on the turn. then throw in the 2 middle guys that could have weak draws getting odds to call with 3 way action

i think there are enough combo draws out there that a push wouldn't shut out all worse hands. he might try to make a thin call with 66, 77, 54 or he might call me with a combo draw
Old 07-28-2006, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Josh I can't put you on a hand. If you had the missed NF draw would you push the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think that josh bluffs the NFD here because every combo draw missed on the turn and river and thus, if i have a made hand, it looks pretty good. i think that the ONLY hand that im folding that i would have gotten to the river are 35d and 56.

[/ QUOTE ]
I love how you keep saying 56. In my book 56 makes the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh 45.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he'd limp any 76, but probably not 62s and probably not A5o

[/ QUOTE ]

most people who have played with me have seen me limp any two in that spot. im pretty much stupid sometimes.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he'd limp any 76, but probably not 62s and probably not A5o

[/ QUOTE ]

most people who have played with me have seen me limp any two in that spot. im pretty much stupid sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

i for one will confirm phillipsaurus is very loose pf, even in raised pots. i dont know if josh knows this. but i would have pushed turn anyways
Old 07-28-2006, 05:36 PM

josh is a very aggressive player. If I haven't already pushed the turn, all the money is going in on the river.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
josh is a very aggressive player. If I haven't already pushed the turn, all the money is going in on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he leads 175 on the turn, i think i shove. the flop and turn half pot lead made me go wtf.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:01 PM

posting blind:

I would raise preflop if my opponents are transparent and bad. I l.ike to flop sets in raised pots so i can stack those donkeys.

I would jack the flop up more. It pop that sht like i wanted to get it pregrant. You raised to 75 which is exactly how much is in the pot. I would raise to a lot more. Like 120-150 (150 is potsize but 120 still denies implied odds).

On the turn it looks like you are afraid that he has the floped nut strait and are just wanting to boat up. On the river you follow through with your plan and fold accordingly.

I think that is totally bullsht. Josh could easily have top2 or some combo draw. I would shove the turn b/c I am fearless with my leather jacket, 3 earrings, great tan, and toned body.

holla to my ballas
Old 07-28-2006, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i hate to give clues as to what i did or did not have, but i think flat calling the flop raise with a set is really awful

[/ QUOTE ]
you're wrong

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-28-2006, 10:11 PM

For me, flat calling the raise w/ 22 in this spot would definately be more STANDARD than 3-beting.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:27 PM

i guess i'm still too used to limit, where you really need to get those callers in the middle out