View Poll Results: holla!
jean gluck 60 17.05%
brandi hawbaker 147 41.76%
patrick antonius 145 41.19%
Voters: 352. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Milton Bradley you are a complete Tool

[Insert stupid board game joke here]

He is a tool. I sorta feel bad for him since he probably endured endless torment as a child because of his name. Maybe his parents need the torn ACLs for doing that to him.

Parents who are cute with their kids names need to be careful. One kid in my high school was named Jack Daniels. Which would you prefer, JD or MB?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This whole thing is LOL no matter who's fault it is.

By the way, do any of you baseball nerds know what John Hirschbeck said to Roberto Alomar to get spit at? I heard it was a pretty terrible epithet or baiting comment of some sort but never heard what it actually was. I was guessing he called him "gay" and that Alomar loves pole but it's just a guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, rumor is he called him a [censored]
wow 2+2 censors it .. yes a 3 letter word for a gay

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, that's what I thought it was. Also, the way what I read was phrased implied that he was in fact gay, or there was a rumor going around to that effect (something about how the comment addressed Alomar's "lifestyle choice"), but I've never heard anything about that since.

Also, that three letter word is censored because Mason is very conservative and doesn't like people who smoke, or any mention of it, not because he has a problem with the gays.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember the big rumor in the Post about how a prominent NY Mets star was gay and everyone thought it was Piazza? The rumor was about Alomar...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. In response to that rumor, oddly enough, Senator Craig also held a press conference to deny he was gay.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:26 PM

They really need to can all the baseball umpires and start over with new ones. These umps are way too egotistical, confrontational, and not even all that good at their jobs anyway.

Not that I think Milton is innocent here at all. He's clearly a timebomb waiting to explode. But that doesn't give the ump the right to light the fuse.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Uh, the ump allegedly used racial slurs, and multiple people have backed him up on this.

EDIT: Not that I think Milton Bradley is some peace keeper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a link for this? I heard he called Milton a piece of [censored], nothing racial.

[/ QUOTE ]

san diego union tribune

[ QUOTE ]
“I couldn't believe what I was hearing,” said Meacham. “Milton did not use foul language. The umpire, absolutely. He called Milton a name (apparently after Bradley had pointed in the direction of a fan who was booing Winters). That's when I stepped on the field and said, 'You cannot do that.'

“Even before that, I was saying this is wrong, this is ridiculous. The name that Winters called Milton, had he said it to me, I would have rushed him. No one is going to take that.”

Asked whether what Winters said had racial overtones, Meacham, who, like Bradley, is black, replied, “It smacked of that tone.”

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-25-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They really need to can all the baseball umpires and start over with new ones. These umps are way too egotistical, confrontational, and not even all that good at their jobs anyway.

Not that I think Milton is innocent here at all. He's clearly a timebomb waiting to explode. But that doesn't give the ump the right to light the fuse.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe they can all walk out again!
Old 09-25-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Asked whether what Winters said had racial overtones, Meacham, who, like Bradley, is black ,

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome. i hate the media
Old 09-25-2007, 05:02 PM

The key piece to me is Meacham's reaction. If he knows that MB is a hothead (LDO) and he's overreacting, he's going to get in front of Bradley. But his first reaction is to start towards Winters with complete "What the FLYING [censored]?" body language.

Aside from what was actually said, Winters was way, way out of line by saying anything at all while the ball was in play. This [censored] about refs/umps complaining about players "showing them up" drives me crazy. Who's here to watch Winters call guys out on routine grounders?
Old 09-25-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This [censored] about refs/umps complaining about players "showing them up"

[/ QUOTE ]

i am w you 100%. i don't watch the NBA so ic ant comment but in baseball the umps just put too much personality into their job. STFU you make a ton of money, do your job. if you get swore at, suck it up or go work somewhere else.

otoh, the leagues need to institute rules about umpire abuse. if you strikeout, you have 10 seconds to get out of the box area of you are fined etc..
Old 09-25-2007, 05:44 PM

yeah ive about had it with these umps

3 mets get thrown out in the past week for arguing a called 3rd strike a good foot outside

the umps arent held accountable

he should be suspended. ANd helton should be forced to speak
Old 09-25-2007, 05:51 PM

I can totally understand Helton's position, BTW. What possible good outcome is there for him?