Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Bellagio: 10/20 deep

i played with this guy a lot during wsop, he is actually quite nitty. he buys in for a bunch and then none of it ever goes into the pot. super easy fold.

without knowing his tendencies, i like calling flop to induce aggro players to keep bluffing.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:34 PM

He is NOT nitty.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:45 PM

i played with him a good amount during wsop too. since you play the 10/20 at bellagio i was wondering if you know who the guy is that is good friends with louis asmo? he is from ohio st. too, like mid 30's, athletic, young-looking. i was just wondering cuz he cleaned our the table on some very questionable hands. but yea, as far as jacks full, terrible analysis. jimmy is one of those kids that doesn't really pull too many tricks. he will call with a very wide range of hands, but after that it's pretty much ABC poker. he is pretty easy to get off a hand and will let you know when he has a good one (at least from what i have seen).
Old 07-30-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if he has JJ he has virtual nuts, and if you have a draw is more likely to want to give you a free card to hit it, instead of 3 betting and maybe getting your draw out. if he has a 4 he doesnt want to let you see that flush card, so he is raising you, and he knows that if you have overpair on that flop you might be putting him on a flush draw and be likely to call or re-raise all in. he has a 4 or nothing at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you honestly feel that your post added to the discussion of this hand... You realize this is the high-stakes board right?
Old 07-30-2007, 07:07 PM

Well I played a little with him in Bellagio and The Rio during the WSOP. He seemed solid, a little loose PF but rather nitty postflop. I don't think he is making a move on this flop often enough to play for stacks. Actually I don't even see a good argument for raising the flop. If he's got a flushdraw he is drawing to 8outs plus facing a nasty redraw but I doubt he would lead that hand this way. If he has Toppair he is drawing very thin and raising will fold out those hands that you can beat. So it's almost always a wa/wb situation. You extract the maximum by playing it passively and also lose the minimum if he has you crushed. From what I know about him by raising the flop you are burning money against that guy.
Now that you've burnt money, there is no other option than folding imho. There is not even a combo draw out there, honestly the more I look at that hand the more I doubt there is a single hand that you could be ahead of.
I think the most likely holding here is 54s followed by 43s, I believe 44 is even more likely than AJs and JJ in this spot... I don't see a single flushdraw that he would play this way.

PS: This is live poker raise at least to 160+, I would even make it 200 against those donks.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:17 PM

r u stupid, did u not see the posts that i have played with this kid they are talking about at 10/20. and i guarantee i play higher games than you do, don't even act like you have sat the 50/100 nl games at bellagio.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:21 PM

ajaxx is pretty much spot on, do you guys even read what other ppl write before you insult them ?
Old 07-30-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the comments that this is a 4 "alot" are solid.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
id call.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont fold aces... ever...
Old 07-30-2007, 09:12 PM

It seems I misread him, and mistook his looseness preflop for LAG play postflop, when from everything that has been said in this thread he's pretty tight postflop. I considered folding the flop, but I decided to call, and wait for a non diamond turn, turn was a blank he bet I shoved he called with 104s.

I kind've thought getting it in was very marginal, but now I think it was pretty bad given some of you guys experience with him.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:29 PM

must fold

Edit: Sorry, didn't see results posted