Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Obvious hand?

My friend wrote to me and asked whether or not I thought this hand was played good, and some I wanted to know if my my own thought process was optimal ... Simple as that.

Poker Room skin
Pot Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $85.15
UTG+1: $167.85
CO: $41.75
Button: $175.10
SB: $211.10
Hero: $271.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $4.5</font>, 4 folds, Hero calls $2.5 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $7.5)</font>.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($10, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $20</font>, Hero calls $10 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $40)</font>.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($50, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $20</font>, Hero calls $20 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $70)</font>.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($90, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $41</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG calls all-in $40.65</font>.
Uncalled bets: $0.35 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $171.3

Preflop: Sure, calling gives great odds, but ... I dont think I'd do it against an unknown 6handed. Even if it
Flop-play. Donking works. Sure. But seeing as he didn't know Villain particularly good combined that V is pretty shortacked and that our hero has a somewhat limited experience, I say fold.
Postflop: Donking is rather unorthodox on this kind of board against an unknown low stakes grinder, but I guess it worked this time. :S The call afterwards feels given tho there are (hardly) any draws out there, and our opponent probably doesn't know about the Yeti theorem.
Turn is, by far, in my opinion, the easiest street. One could could donk into the newer aggression in hope of him going over the top of you; one could c-r/c-c and, if c-c, get the opportunity to play another street! Yay!
(We wouldn't want him to surrender his bluffs too easily now, would we?)
The donk on the river, however, I find horrible. And if he, indeed, has a strong made hand, then we were beat all along, and should therefore feel like idiots. Kind of.
Nah, I like this play except for turn/river endings, where I'd rather see a 'crain' on either the turn or the river.
The only hands we will be up against right here are pp's, the lower full, draws, and empty bluffs. And a bigger range of these hands will definitely be more inclined to bet the river - both for value and for scare-tactics.

Thougts?
Old 11-04-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Obvious hand?

fold preflop.

donking flop is stupid unless u have history and can 3bet shove into him and have him look u up light.

the whole hand is stupid cause I'd never play pf or flop that way so the turn line is awkward.

river looks good though.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Obvious hand?

I agree with nazahl with the preflop and flop play. As played on flop I CRAI turn.